Families will love getting outside and getting fresh air and exercise with this free printable, fun easter activity for kids. You can keep your distance and even participate at different times with our no prep Easter Scavenger Hunt.
Easter for Kids
Easter is only a few weeks away, and with the current state of things, many people will be spending the time at home indoors. This Easter, have some fun getting exercise and sunshine, while keeping your 6 foot distance, with this entertaining and community-orientated Community Easter Hunt.
This is just the family activity for neighborhoods to do all together during the stay at home, social distancing, that we are doing all around the United States and the world.
Easter Scaventer Hunt
Easter is a fun time for kids, and they will enjoy getting out of the house, going an Easter Hunt while getting some well needed exercise. Young children will enjoy an Easter themed scavenger hunt, looking for Easter objects in the neighbours windows or their front lawn.
- Ask your neighbours to join in by taping a page inside their window with the image facing out, on their front lawn, on their mailbox, or front fence. Anywhere that it will be visual from when walking by.
- Print out one checklist page for each child – again the scavenger hunt list can be printed in color or black and white.
In the upper righ of the easter printable are numbers. These numbers are to help communities organize themselves so that the scavenger hunt clues are evenly distributed and every house doens’t pick to display the Easter bunny and no one features the carrot, for example.
Your family will put in your window the clue that features the same last 2 digits as your house number. So if your address was 202 Main Street, this would be your clue. This would also be your clue if you lived at 258 Main Street.
There are 14 different clues for families to seek out, so neighbors will have one of fourteen clues in their window.
- Don’t worry if not everyone participates, every 14 houses the clues will repeat themselves so you shouldn’t have to walk to far to find another bunny.
- Famlies wont have to walk too far with young children who get tired easily, there should be 14 houses around you that display all the clues you need.
- If your family likes longer walks, that’s great! Use this for counting practice for children, have multiple neighbours post the same image. Children can place multiple ticks or tally marks next to that image and add them up when they get home after their walk. Older children can figure out the fraction or percent of items displayed if you want to sneak in some math practice and fun learning activity.
Easter Egg Hunt Ideas
- Place the checklist on a clipboard or similar and give them to your child with a marker, crayon or pencil to mark off what they find.
- Walk around the neighbourhood and mark off the images as you find them. This is not only a lot of fun playing I Spy around your block, but is also a great chance to work on visual discrimination, have fun with an Easter Game for the whole family, and get some exercise too! Win – Win!
Easter Egg Hunt Printables
For those with very young children who won’t be able to handle a walk around the neighbourhood, you could place the images around your house, in different rooms, in your backyard for your children to find and mark off the checklist.
Easter Egg Hunt Clues Printable
These pages come in both black and white as well as colour for you to choose from. With the black and white copies, children can color or decorate the images as they wish.
Looking for more free easter printables for toddlers, preschoolers, pre k, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, and families? You will love these resources:
- BINGO Easter Game
- Super cute Easter Alphabet Mats
- Printable Bunny Ear Hat
- Practice Patterns with Plastic Easter Egg Activity
- Paper Bag Easter Craft
- Easter Printable Spelling Printable
- Easter Egg Homophones Game
- Printable Easter Color by Letter or Color by Number Worksheets
- Easter Craft Hats to Color by Number
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt Printable
- Printable Easter Craft
- Bunny & Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
Easter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands-on, educational activites for students to try during April? You will love these free printable ideas!
- Color by Number Easter
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Egg Word Family Activities
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Color Words Emergent Reader
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
- EDIBLE Peeps Playdough!
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, free math worksheets, grammar worksheets, sight words activities, abc printables, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!