Kids will enjoy getting out and walking around the neighborhood, getting some exercise, while searching for different items such as a towel, ice cream and crab, as part of this Summer Scavenger Hunt. Families will love that this summer scavenger hunt for kids is no prep, just print and head out for a fun summer activity for kids where kids will work on their power of observation! Use this scavenger hunt for summer printable with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students as it contains not only the name, but a cute picture too. Simply download pdf file with summer scavenger hunt pdf in color or black and white and you are ready to play!
Summer Scavenger Hunt
Kids love hunting for things and with this free, printable scavenger hunt kids will be occupied while moving about and getting some exercise. With these summerscavenger hunt ideas, children can search their local area for eighteen different everyday objects while getting some exercise and fresh air. Some of the items kids will look for as they race to complete their scavenger hunt are: googles, hat, flower, sunglasses, watermelon, sunscreen, umbrella and more. This outdoor scavenger hunt ideas is fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students during summer!
Summer Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or planning a summer camp – you will love this no prep summer activity for kids of all ages. Place the scavenger hunt for kids checklist onto a clipboard or similar and give them to your child with a marker, crayon or pencil.
- Walk around your local area or neighborhood, marking off the images as you find them.These are even fun to use as a pool scavenger hunt, beach scavenger hunt, or cruise scavenger hunt too!
- If the page is laminated, children can use a dry-erase marker to mark off the items then wipe clean when finished. Then the checklist can be used multiple times by multiple children. You could even team up an older child who can read with a younger one who is still learning.
- For older children, you could even put a time limit on it and prizes for those who can find the items within the set time.
Scavenger hunt for summer
For this particular free scavenger hunt, children will need to walk around outside complete this activity, so may need a parent, or guardian to go with them. You could even carry a few copies of this hunt in your car with you and when you stop in a different area or location and have time, children can complete the hunt while there.
This printable could also be used for counting practice, just have children count how many of each image they find. Children can place multiple ticks or tally marks next to that image and add them up when they have completed their hunt.
These pages come in both black and white as well as colour for you to choose from. With the black and white copies, children can color or decorate the images as they wish.
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- Summer Alphabet Matching Cards, Summer Parts of Speech Cards
- Printable Scavenger Hunts
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Free Summer Scavenger Hunts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!