Scavenger hunts are fun indoor activities for kids that help keep kids engaged and moving. This free printable Indoor Scavenger Hunt is a great activity for children of all ages for when it is raining or they are unable to go outside.
Indoor Scavenger Hunt
Kids of all ages enjoy hunting for things. With this free scavenger hunt, children can search indoors for thirty-six different everyday objects that can be found inside your home.
Some of the scavenger hunt clues for kids in this game are: cup, toothbrush, toothpaste, pot, book, ball, toy, crayon, tap, pan, pen, jam, mop, fruit, scissor, mug, utensil, bed, jug, milk, boots, can, tub, table, hat, paper, shirt, tissues, rug, glasses, clock, key, soft toy, chair, fan, and cutting board.
Scavenger Hunt for Kids
You can print the free scavenger hunts in black and white to save on printing costs or cheerful color. Do the treasure hunt over and over by laminating the pages for durability. Have students use a dry erase marker to play over and over again!
Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or stuck at home – you will love this no prep indoor activities for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre k, to kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade and more!
- Place the checklist onto a clipboard or similar and give them to your child with a marker, crayon or pencil.
- Walk around the home and mark off the images as you find them.
- If the page is laminated, children can use a dry-erase marker to mark off the items then wipe clean when finished. Then the checklist can be used multiple times by multiple children. You could even team up an older child who can read with a younger one who is still learning.
- For older children, you could even put a time limit on it and prizes for those who can find the items within the set time.
For this particular hunt, children will need to walk around the house into multiple rooms to complete this activity. They may need to open cupboard doors or drawers to find some of the items as well. This printable could also be used for counting practice, just have children count how many of each image they find. Children can place multiple ticks or tally marks next to that image and add them up when they have completed their hunt.
Free Scavenger Hunts
Looking for ways to help teach and entertain kids at the same time? You will love these printable scavenger hunts for elementary age kids.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Easter Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Luke 2 scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Library Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Spring Scavenger Hunt
Spring Activities for Kids
You may also enjoy these Spring Activities:
- Famous Landmarks Lego Challenge
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Giant Bubble Solution
- Edible Ice Cream Playdough Recipe
- AMAZING Tin Foil Art
- Epic Bubble Painting
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Kite Alphabet Craft
- Mason Jar Flower Craft for Kids
- Homemade Lava Lamp – epic activity for kids of all ages
Printable Scavenger Hunt
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!