Here is a fun way to turn a trip to the zoo into a fun, educational sceince field trip! These zoo field trip worksheet will help your kids to explore the zoo more in-depth. We’ve included zoo animals worksheet for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Plus zoo field trip activities including zoo coloring pages perfect for toddler, preschool, and pre-k students. Finally create an animal report where kindergarten and elementary age students can draw animals they see and write down interesting information too. Simply print pdf file with zoo animal printables and you are ready to play and learn!
Zoo Field Trip Worksheet
Is your family enjoying some fun spring, summer, or fall trips to the zoo? Or maybe your homeschool coop is heading for a zoo fieldtrip and needs a homeschool zoo field trip worksheet. Either way, you will love these zoo animal worksheets that you can use as zoo field trip worksheet to make the zoo not only fun, but educational too! There are various choices of zoo animal printables to engage the whole family from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. From zoo geography to comparing animals, animal report forms to zoo coloring pages and so much more! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the many, many options in these zoo worksheets for teaching zoo animals for kids! Use these at home as summer learning, zoo theme in your classroom, or as a supplement to your zoology homeschool curriculum.
Zoo field trip Activities
There are several free printable zoo worksheets choices including:
- Zoo Map – practice mapping skills by having children draw a zoo map
- Simple Zoo Fieldtrip Animal Report – draw the animal picture, color where on the map they are from, write some basic facts, and note animal behaviors.
- Zoo Fieldtrip Animal Report – animal classification, diet, behavior, zoo adaptations, population in the wild, behavior observations, and draw a picture
- Comparing Animals – compare the similarities of two different animals
Zoo coloring pages
Whether you use this preschool zoo activities at the zoo, prep for visiting the zoo, or as part of your preschool zoo theme – kids will enjoy this simple My Zoo Visit Book. Toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarnters will feel like a big kid with their very own animal report. The book is filled with 8 pages of your child’s favorite zoo animals. They can color in the pictures and trace the animal names. Print this front and back to make a special book.
zoo activity sheets
There are Zoo field trip activities for younger students such as preschoolers, kindegartners, and grade 1 students to choose from:
- I Saw a…. Zoo Book allows early readers to read a simple sentence and then draw a picture of an animal they saw that fits the sentence.
- My __________ Report option is great for at the zoo or at home to explore one animal in depth. Children will draw pictures of where animals eat, sleep, live, and more.
Note: Print sheets front and back to make a simple book.
- Are you My Mother? Matching, Animal Homes Clip Cards, Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Zoo Animal Reports, Free Zoo Animals Worksheet, free Biomes Coloring Pages, printable Endangered Animals Worksheets, Animal report templates
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity, Animal Habitats Worksheets with circle stickers, Animal Habitat Game
- Animal Cookie Matching Activity
- 70+ Life Cycles for Kids, Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers, Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple and more complex options), elephant life cycle worksheets
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste, Shark for Kids Printble Reader
- Ocean Animals for Kids – HUGE unit for K-8th grade students.
- Zoo Animals Color by Number, free I Spy Animals Worskheet, Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- Uppercase Tracing Letters with Animals A-Z, Printable Animal Masks, 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- See all of our Animal Activities, Printables, and Crafts
Popular Science Activities
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children list below, plus don’t miss all our science for kids, types of free science lessons, or seasonal science experiments.
- Tons of Kindergarten science experiments by month
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano or 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water) or Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries or 24 Epic Solar system science projects
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density and Color-Changing Flowers
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments, Simple Galaxy science project, and Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane, Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project and Amazing POP rocks science experiment
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers, fun How to Make a Lava Lamp, 30 Simple machines science projects
- Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment, Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments or teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit, Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity , Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials, EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment, and Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Color Changing Slime or l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes , neat burning candle experiment worksheet answers
- Human Heart for Kids, hands-on Human Body Project, LOTS of Life Cycles for Kids
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment, amazing Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make orthis cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Life Size Skeletal system science project, free parts of the brain worksheet and project, fun science experiments
- Hands-on Newton’s cradle project, DIY draw bot for kids to make, playdough human body game
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW and LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
zoo animal worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.