Here is a fun way to turn a trip to the zoo into a fun, educational sceince field trip! These zoo field trip worksheet will help your kids to explore the zoo more in-depth. We’ve included zoo animals worksheet for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Plus preschool zoo activities including zoo coloring pages perfect for toddler, preschool, and pre-k students. Finally create an animal report where kindergarten and elementary age students can draw animals they see and write down interesting information too. Simply download pdf file with zoo animal printables and you are ready to play and learn!
Zoo Animals Worksheet
Is your family enjoying some fun spring, summer, or fall trips to the zoo? Or maybe your homeschool coop is heading for a zoo fieldtrip. Either way, you will love these zoo animal worksheets that you can use as zoo field trip worksheet to make the zoo not only fun, but educational too! There are various choices of zoo animal printables to engage the whole family from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. From zoo geography to comparing animals, animal report forms to zoo coloring pages and so much more! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the many, many options for teaching zoo animals for kids! Use these at home as summer learning, zoo theme in your classroom, or as a supplement to your zoology homeschool curriculum.
Zoo animal printables
Zoo field trip worksheet
There are several zoo worksheets choices including:
- Zoo Map – practice mapping skills by having children draw a zoo map
- Simple Zoo Fieldtrip Animal Report – draw the animal picture, color where on the map they are from, write some basic facts, and note animal behaviors.
- Zoo Fieldtrip Animal Report – animal classification, diet, behavior, zoo adaptations, population in the wild, behavior observations, and draw a picture
- Comparing Animals – compare the similarities of two different animals
Zoo coloring pages
Whether you use this preschool zoo activities at the zoo, prep for visiting the zoo, or as part of your preschool zoo theme – kids will enjoy this simple My Zoo Visit Book. Toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarnters will feel like a big kid with their very own animal report. The book is filled with 8 pages of your child’s favorite zoo animals. They can color in the pictures and trace the animal names. Print this front and back to make a special book.
Zoo field trip activities
There are Zoo field trip activities for younger students such as preschoolers, kindegartners, and grade 1 students to choose from:
- I Saw a…. Zoo Book allows early readers to read a simple sentence and then draw a picture of an animal they saw that fits the sentence.
- My __________ Report option is great for at the zoo or at home to explore one animal in depth. Children will draw pictures of where animals eat, sleep, live, and more.
Trip to the zoo worksheet
Note: Print sheets front and back to make a simple book.
Animal Habitats for Kids
Looking for more free printable, fun and hands on ways for kids to learn about animal habitats? Check out these free resources:
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Habitat Adventure game to help K-6th graders learn about various animal habitats / biomes around the world and lots of beautiful animals.
- Forest Habitat Sensory Bin
- Bugs Theme – with more than a weeks worth of educational activities for kids of all ages
- Ocean Theme – have fun learning math, science and more with an under the sea theme all week
- Silly Animal Puzzles & Habitats Printable Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets with circle stickers
- Biome Coloring Pages for kids
- Woodland Animals Theme Worksheets
- Desert Animals Theme Worksheets
Animal Printables for Kids
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Animal Report Template
- Animal I Spy Worksheets
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Polar Bear Unit
- Frog Lapbook
- Frog Life Cycle Playdough Mats
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You will love all these fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment
- 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- Solar system science project
- Fun Water balloon science experiment
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments
- Galaxy science project
- Eye science experiments
- Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Simple machines science project
Science Experiments for Kids
- Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments
- Free Solar System Unit
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity
- Wow! Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids
- Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- Human Body Project
- Look Inside a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – easy science project
- Skeletal system science project
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Download FREE Zoo Field Trip Animal Reports
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!