Are your learners obsessed about animals? Then these wild animal flashcards are perfect for your kids. With bright, colorful real photos in these animal flashcards printable your children will love learning the names of animals! These animal flash cards are sure to make learning animal names fun. Simply print these free real animal flash cards printable for a handy learning tool for your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade student to recognize and identify wild animals in real life or play a matchig game!
Wild Animals Flashcards
These flashcards are so easy to prep but provide learners with so many different opportunities for using them. The printable features 32 Wild Animals, all in their natural habitats which gives the learner plenty of opportunities to observe the animal’s habitat and their surroundings. As they learn more names of animals, they are increasing their vocabulary and also learning more about nature and the animals that live in it. These Wild Animals Flashcards are so versatile and have so many learning opportunities attached to it.
Animal Flashcards Printable
Animal Flash Cards
This printable is low prep, so prepping this printable makes it a breeze.
You will require the following materials.
- Scissors or Paper cutter
To prep this printable, first print out the pages and laminate if desired. If multiple learners will be using the printable, lamination is highly recommended. If you plan on using these flashcards in multiple ways then laminating the cards are highly recommended to get the most out of them.
Flashcards with pictures
There are a total of 32 Wild Animals included in this printable. The list of animals included in this printable are listed below:
- polar bear
Animals Flashcard Activity Ideas
- You can use the flashcards as is, or alternatively punch a hole through the corner of each card and put the cards onto a ring binder. Learners can flip through the flashcards to read the names of the wild animals. These can also be used as a vocabulary enrichment activity.
- Incorporate the flashcards into a unit about animals and use it to teach the learners about animals.
- Use figurines of the animals match the animals to the figurines. I personally love the SAFARI Ltd figurines. They are small, but extremely detailed.
- Use the flashcards for a write the room or writing activity. Place the cards around the room, and learners can walk around and write the name. Alternatively, they can write about the given animal.
- Play a guessing game with your learner. This can be played in pairs. One learner will pick up a card, and then mention some facts about it, e.g. this is the largest land animal, and the other learner has to guess the animal.
- Go wild and use the flashcards as required. There are plenty of learning opportunities with flashcards, so just use them as you wish!
- Are you My Mother? Matching Mom & Baby Farm Animals
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Nocturnal Animal Game for Kids
- Zoo Animal Reports
- Free Zoo Animals Worksheet – several leverls to choose from toddler, prek, elementary and middle school
- Jello Animal Cell Project
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animal Cookie Matching Activity
Animal Activities for Kids
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Endangered Animals Worksheets
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Life Cycle of Salmon Worksheets
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Free Bat Life Cycle Worksheets
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheets
- Hatching Butterflies with Free Butterfly Printable worksheet and observation journal
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Game
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Free Hibernation Printables
- Shark for Kids Printble Reader
- Endangered Animals Worksheet
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Jungle Writing Prompts Worksheets for kids
Animals for Kids
Sneak in some additional learning activities featuring these amazing animals with these clever resources:
- Zoo Animals Color by Number
- Count to 10 Zoo Animals Reader
- Animal Homes for Kids Clip Cards
- I Spy Animals Worskheet
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- Panda Life Cycle Printables
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Robot Printable worksheets for preschool and kindergartners
- Preschool Animals Theme
- Animal Activities for Preschoolers with Animal Cookies
- Beginning Sounds Animal Cards
- Uppercase Tracing Letters with Animals A-Z
- Printable Animal Masks
- Animal I Spy
- Count and Cover Zoo Animals with Cheerios
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
Life Cycle Printables
Looking for more free printables to help you learn about life cycles? You will love these resources:
- 🐜 Ant life cycle for kids printable activity
- 🍎 Apple life cycle printable plus worksheets for working on early literacy and math too
- Spin and learn with this apple life cycle printable
- 🦇 Life cycle of a bat worksheets or these bat life cycle worksheets
- 🐝 life cyle of a bee worksheets
- 🦋 Hatching Butterflies with butterfly life cycle worksheet
- Learn math and literacy along with these butterfly life cycle worksheet free download
- Butterfly worksheets to learn science plus math and literacy skills or try these cute life cycle butterfly crafts
- 🐔 Life cycle of a chicken worksheet, printable, and activity
- 🌼 Lift-the-Flap Flower Life Cycle printable activity
- Learn about the Life Cycle of Frogs for kids and grab the life-cycle wheel
- 🐸 Life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Grab this spinner to learn about the frog life cycle for kids
- Insect life cycle printable book to read, color, and learn
- 🐞 Ladybug life cycle worksheet or use these pages with ladybug life cycle for kids
- 🐼 Panda life cycle worksheets or these panda worksheets
- 🐧 Penguin life cycle worksheet are the perfect addition to you winter theme!
- 🌿 Plant life cycle worksheet or this Plant Life Cycle Printable Lift-the-Flap
- Read, color, and learn with these plant life cycle worksheets
- Plant Life Cycles Printable Emergent Reader and Worksheets
- 🎃 Pumpkin life cycle worksheet pdf – lots of fun activities for learning about pumpkin life cycle
- Cut and Paste Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
- 🐰 Life cycle of a Rabbit worksheet or themed math, literacy and science in these rabbit worksheets
- 🐟 Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet pack with not only life cycle of salmon, but math and literacy activities too
- Plus don’t miss our experiment breeding guppies to learn about life cycles up close!
- 🐢 Sea Turtle Worksheets to make a book to read, color, and learn about their life cycles
- 🕷 Spider life cycle worksheet is a fun way to learn about the life cycle of spiders with an insect theme or during Octoboer
- 🌻 Life cycle of a sunflower worksheet – fun sunflower life cycle printables
- 🦃 Turkey life cycle – is fun to learn about around Thanksgiving
- 🍉Watermelon Life Cycle Printable Spinner
- Worm Life Cycle worksheets and activity
- 💧 Free Water Cycle Worksheets for Kids
Real animal flash cards printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal use only. To use in a classroom please grab the teacher licensed version here.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!