Spring is in the air! One of our favorite signs of Spring is a blooming Cherry Blossom Tree. So we decided to make a pretty cherry blossom craft to celebrate one of our springtime favorites! This spring craft is great because it includes a lot of fine motor work for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. So come see how to make a cherry blossom tree with tissue paper with your child!
Cherry Blossom Craft
We have a beautiful cherry blossom tree right outside of our house. One of my favorite times of year is when it’s in full bloom and I can see the fluffy light pink blossoms from the window. The only thing is, peak bloom just doesn’t seem to last long enough! So this simple cherry blossom craft is a fun way to have our own mini tree inside. All of the cutting, rolling, tearing, and sticking proved to be great fine motor practice for my boys – one great benefit of crafting! Plus the materials in this spring crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students are simple and you may even already have them at home. We used recycled tissue paper that we kept from a gift.
So whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love creating a forest of pretty flowering spring trees with this cherry blossom crafts for preschool.
cherry blossom craft ideas
- brown construction paper
- tissue paper (pink or white)
cherry blossom tree craft
First, fold brown construction paper in half length wise to make a fold to use as a cutting guide. Cut strips into the paper along the long edge, stopping at the folded line. My 4 year-old’s lines were not perfectly straight, but I think that adds to the charm of the tree and actually looks more like tree branches.
cherry blossom craft preschool
Next up in making this spring crafts for preschoolers, you will roll the paper to make a tree shape. Add glue along the short edge up to the fold. Continue rolling and press along the edge to glue shut. You may need to pinch and hold the end for a bit for the glue to stick.
cherry blossom crafts
Bend and curl the “branches” down to spread them out to look more like a tree.
cherry blossom craft kindergarten
Add dots of glue on the branches. Tear off small pieces of tissue paper, pinch them to scrunch them up, and then stick them onto the glue dots.
cherry blossom tree craft for preschoolers
After the glue dries, your cherry blossom tree is ready for display! These should be able to stand on their own, but the bottom is uneven, just trim it to make it flat and they should stand up.
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Happy Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Spring Science Ideas
Spring is the perfect time to study plants for kids! Here are some fun plant experiments to learn more about photosynthesis, pollination, capillary action, and more!
- Potato Maze – Summer STEM Activity for Kids
- Water pollution experiment for preschool Science Expeirment
- Simple Geranium Photosynthesis Experiment for Kids
- How to regrow celery in water with celery experiment worksheet
- Flower dye experiment Science Experiment for kids
- Color Changing Food Coloring Flower Experiment worksheet learning about capillar action
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Bouncy Egg in vinegar experiment worksheet
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Frozen Erruptions – Rainbow Science Activities for Preschoolers
Spring Crafts for Kids
Whether you want to make colorful spring rainbow crafts, umbrella rain crafts, butterfly crafts, or baby animal craft projects, we’ve got some cute ideas!
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Rainbow Painting with Kids using hot wheel cars
- Painting Spring Flowers with Celery flower activities for toddlers
- Simply stunning spring art for toddlers with a washable inkpad
- Rainbow Ice Cream Stick Craft
- Tissue Paper Butterly Craft for Kids
- Cute, printable Name flower craft
- Pretty Egg Carton Flowers
- Super cute and easy-to-make pasta necklace craft
These fun ideas are a combination of spring crafts and spring activities:
- Silly Egg Head Spring Activities for Kids
- Grass Craft for Kids
- Milk Toast Rainbows -YUM!
- 100 Spring Crafts for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and elementary age students
- Rainy Day Bleeding Tissue Paper Art project for kids
- Fun-to-Make Bubble Art for Kids
- Simple Bubble Painting by blowing bubbles