Spring is in the air! One of our favorite signs of Spring is a blooming Cherry Blossom Tree. So we decided to make a pretty cherry blossom craft to celebrate one of our springtime favorites! This spring craft is great because it includes a lot of fine motor work for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. So come see how to make a cherry blossom tree with tissue paper with your child!
Cherry Blossom Craft
We have a beautiful cherry blossom tree right outside of our house. One of my favorite times of year is when it’s in full bloom and I can see the fluffy light pink blossoms from the window. The only thing is, peak bloom just doesn’t seem to last long enough! So this simple cherry blossom craft is a fun way to have our own mini tree inside. All of the cutting, rolling, tearing, and sticking proved to be great fine motor practice for my boys – one great benefit of crafting! Plus the materials in this spring crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students are simple and you may even already have them at home. We used recycled tissue paper that we kept from a gift.
So whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love creating a forest of pretty flowering spring trees with this cherry blossom crafts for preschool.
Cherry Blossom Tree Craft
- brown construction paper
- tissue paper (pink or white)
How to make a cherry blossom tree with tissue paper
First, fold brown construction paper in half length wise to make a fold to use as a cutting guide. Cut strips into the paper along the long edge, stopping at the folded line. My 4 year-old’s lines were not perfectly straight, but I think that adds to the charm of the tree and actually looks more like tree branches.
Next up in making this spring crafts for preschoolers, you will roll the paper to make a tree shape. Add glue along the short edge up to the fold. Continue rolling and press along the edge to glue shut. You may need to pinch and hold the end for a bit for the glue to stick.
Cherry blossom crafts for preschool
Bend and curl the “branches” down to spread them out to look more like a tree.
Cherry blossom tree craft for preschoolers
Add dots of glue on the branches. Tear off small pieces of tissue paper, pinch them to scrunch them up, and then stick them onto the glue dots.
Cherry blossom craft for kids
After the glue dries, your cherry blossom tree is ready for display! These should be able to stand on their own, but the bottom is uneven, just trim it to make it flat and they should stand up.
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for Spring
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Match the Rhyming Words – a fun Spring Activities for Kindergarten
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners