Kids will have fun writing this spring with these free printable, April Writing Prompts. These spring writing promtps are in a convenient printable calendar to encourage kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students to keep writing during springtime. Simply download pdf file with writing promtps for spring and you are ready to play and learn!
Spring Writing Prompts
Spring has come around again. Kids once again will be more interested in splashing in puddles and swinging at the park than writing. Keeping their attention can be a challenge. One great way is to provide fun writing prompts. These spring writing prompts will challenge your child to write stories, write a letter, things he or she is thankful fo and more! The variety of writing promtps for spring will keep kids engaged and ready to write. Whether you are a parent, teachers, or homeschooler – you will love this convenient calendar filled with April writing prompts to keep kids writing all month long! This writing prompts for April is a great tool for kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, garde 5, and grade 6.
Writing Prompts for Spring
April Writing Prompts
Download your free writing prompts printable. Place it where your children will see it so they can get to work right away at writing time. I love having it readily available so the kids can start the day writing while I get school ready or have a cup of coffee.
- April writing prompts 4th grade
- April writing prompts 3rd grade
- April writing prompts 2nd grade
- April writing prompts first grade
- April writing prompts kindergarten
Writing Prompts for April
- For younger students allow them to draw a picture to go along with the writing prompt.
- Turn the writing prompts into an opportunity to learn speech by having your child present her story.
- For an added grammar lesson have your child mark verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc. Perhaps you can ask your child to make sure her writing has a certain number of adjectives.
- Have your older children edit their own work.
- For fun, allow children to write a story together or read each other’s when finished and give alternative endings.
- Perhaps you can list vocabulary words or spelling words and challenge your child to use as many possible in her writing.
Looking for more fun ideas with your family?
- Try our 40+ April Activies for Kids
- fun April Crafts for Kids
- Free April Writing Prompts with ruled lines
- Spend time reading together as a family with our book based activities in a FREE April Activity Calendar
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Calendar with Spring Writing Prompts for kids
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
April Writing Challenge
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!