Kids will have fun writing this spring with these free printable, April Writing Prompts. These creative writing prompts are in a convenient printable calendar to encourage your whole family to keep writing!
Spring Writing Prompts
Spring has come around again. Kids once again will be more interested in splashing in puddles and swinging at the park than writing. Keeping their attention can be a challenge. One great way is to provide fun writing prompts. These spring writing prompts will challenge your child to write stories, write a letter, things he or she is thankful fo and more! The variety will keep kids engaged and ready to write.
Take a peak at all our FREE creative writing prompts for elementary age kids!
April Writing Ideas
Download your free writing prompts printable. Place it where your children will see it so they can get to work right away at writing time. I love having it readily available so the kids can start the day writing while I get school ready or have a cup of coffee.
- April writing prompts 4th grade
- April writing prompts 3rd grade
- April writing prompts 2nd grade
- April writing prompts first grade
- April writing prompts kindergarten
Tips to Encourage Writing
- For younger students allow them to draw a picture to go along with the writing prompt.
- Turn the writing prompts into an opportunity to learn speech by having your child present her story.
- For an added grammar lesson have your child mark verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc. Perhaps you can ask your child to make sure her writing has a certain number of adjectives.
- Have your older children edit their own work.
- For fun, allow children to write a story together or read each other’s when finished and give alternative endings.
- Perhaps you can list vocabulary words or spelling words and challenge your child to use as many possible in her writing.
Looking for more fun ideas with your family? Try our 40+ April Activies for Kids or these fun April Crafts for Kids. Spend time reading together as a family with our April Stories for Kids, Childrens Books to Read, or our Bookcase Reading Logs to have a friendly family reading contest.
Easter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands-on, educational activites for toddler, preschool, kindergaten, grade 1, and grade 2 students to try during April? You will love these free printable ideas!
- BINGO Easter Game
- Super cute Easter Alphabet Mats
- Practice Patterns with Plastic Easter Egg Activity
- Paper Bag Easter Craft
- Easter Printable Spelling Printable
- Easter Egg Homophones Game
- Printable Easter Color by Letter or Color by Number Worksheets
- Easter Craft Hats to Color by Number
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt Printable
- Printable Easter Craft
- Bunny & Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Egg Word Family Activities
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Color Words Emergent Reader
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
April Writing Challenge
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!