All your kids will be busy all month long trying out these fun March activities for Kids!
March Activities For Kids
Celebrate Dr Seuss’s birthday (March 2nd) or have fun with some St Patrick’s Day activities. There are some amazing rainbow activities, and lots of gorgeous bird ideas to encourage Spring along a little, plus lots of other fun March kids activities for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, prek, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd graders, and more.
This list is full of cool science experiments, fun sensory play ideas, amazing STEM activities, delicious recipes to make with the kids, printable activities, and many more hands on learning activities to try with your family this month.
So whether you are a teacher looking to put together you monthly literacy activities ror a fun theme with students in your classroom. Or if you are a parent or teacher, you will love these clever, hands on educational activties for yoru children.
Dr Seuss Activities
- Fizzing Green Eggs Experiment from Preschool Powol Packets. What a fun science activity to go with the book Green Eggs and Ham.
- How to Make Oobleck from Natural beach Living. Read Bartholomew and the Oobleck and then make some oobleck to explore, what a great bookish activity.
- Truffula Trees Word Families from School Time Snippets. Practice word families with this Lorax inspired activity.
- Put Me In The Zoo Sugar Cookies from Homeschool Preschool. Read the book and then make some of these colorful cookies together.
- The Lorax Truffula Forest Sensory Bin from Lemon Lime Adventures. This sensory bin is gorgeously wild and crazy just like the pictures in the book!
- Cat in The Hat Playdough from Fun-A Day. This is a fabulous playdough set up to go with the Cat in The Hat
- Ten Apples Up on Top Counting Game from Mama Papa Bubba. What a great hands on activity for this fabulous counting book.
- Dr Seuss Sensory Play with Kinetic Sand from The Educators’ Spin on It. This is a fun Cat in the Hat inspired sensory tub with bonus free printable rhyming words you can also include in the activity.
- Printable Dr Seuss Worksheets for Kids
- Rhyming with Green Eggs and Ham Activity
- Practice number recognition to 100 with Cat in the Hat Math
St Patrick’s Day Activities
- St Patrick’s Day Kindness Cards from Coffee and Carpool. Celebrate the luckiest day of the year by telling others why we are lucky to have them in our lives with these printable kindness cards.
- Leprechaun Rock St Patricks Day Science Activity
- St Patricks Day Place Value Activity
- Fizzing Shamrock Science Experiment from Hands-on Teaching Ideas. Have some fizzy fun learning about chemistry.
- Leprechaun Snow from Team Cartwright. A fabulas St Patrick’s Day sensory and STEM activity.
- St Patrick’s Day Photo Scavenger Hunt from Edventures With Kids. This free printable scavenger hunt is a great way to get the kids up and moving!
- Free St Patrick’s Day Dot Marker Printables from 3 Dinosaurs. You can use these free printable dot marker activity pages in lots of different ways and they are great for fine motor skills practice.
- St Patrcisk Day Count to 20 Puzzles
- St Patrick’s Day Mini Shakers from Buggy and Buddy. This is such a clever way to make a mini musical instrument, and there are lots of ideas for using them too.
- St Patricks Day Syllable Sorting Activity
- Pot of Gold Pudding Snack from Glued to My Crafts. This is a deliciously simple St Patrick’s Day snack idea.
- St Patricks Day Easy Bead Necklace Activity
- Clover Stamping with Peppers
- St Patrick’s Day Sensory Play from Fantastic Fun and Learning. Have fun with this soothing water play idea.
- Build a Lego Rainbow from Little Bins for Little Hands. What a great building challenge for kids, with gorgeous results!
- Sparkly Fizzing Rainbow from Preschool Powol Packets This is a simple and colorful preschool science experiment to try.
- Milk Toast Rainbow Activity -Kids will love this zany, colorful snack!
- Walking Water Science Experiment that helps kids explore capillary action, color mixing, and more – so many learning opportunities with this simple science experiment!
- Painting with Cars Rainbow Activity
- Rainbow Walking Water Experiment from Messy Little Monster. This is another simple science experiment with so many things to learn, and stunning results.
- Rhyming Rainbows is a fun literacy activity for young learners
- Rainbow Sky Sensory Bottles from Kids’ Craft Room. These sensory bottles are just gorgeous!
- Jelly Bean STEM Rainbow Activity is so fun, easy and colorful your kids will want to do it over and over again!
- Rainbow Color Matching with fruit loops and free printable
- Easy Rainbow Cookies from Pint-sized Treasures. Make some of these colourful cookies with your kids!
- Printable color cards for a color scavenger hunt
- Rainbow in a Bag from Powerful Mothering. This no-mess sensory and art activity looks like so much fun.
- Edible Sand Rainbow Activty builds like sand, but safe to eat and beautiful to play with!
- Study Bird Beaks from Pink Stripey Socks. This is a great hands on science activity that is perfect for the early days of spring when the birds are beginning to reappear.
- How to Make the Best Bird Seed Ornaments from Natural Beach Living. Make some treats for the birds to encourage them to come close so you can study them.
- Birds on a Branch ABC Game
- Bird Seed Writing Tray from School Time Snippets. What a fun way to practice letter formation!
- Play Dough Nature Nests from How Wee Learn. This is a lovely way to explore what bird’s nests are made of and have a
go at making one yourself.
- Bird Nest Treats simple to make and delicious for your theme or just for fun during the spring
- Free Printable Bird Book for Birding Kids from Buggy and Buddy. Record all the birds you see in this book next time you are out in your neighborhood.
- 12 Homemade Bird Feeders
- How to Make Bird’s Nest Cookies from Fireflies and Mudpies. This a delicious, no-bake, treat to make with your kids
- Spring Birds Addition Game
- Bird Nest Sensory Bin from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This bird themed sensory bin looks so inviting!
- Flower Garden Playdough from The Best Toys 4 Toddlers. If the weather is not quite warm enough for real flowers to be growing where you are, plant some in playdough.
- All Around the Daffodils Spring Song from Let’s Play Music. This is a lovely, simple, song and movement activity for spring.
- AMAZING Dying Flowers Science Experiment that will wow kids and adulta alike. You can even dye one flower multiple colors! Look at the pictures!
- Spring Tulips Count and Clip Cards from The Measured Mom. This free printable is a lovely way to practice maths skills.
- Printable Bug Themed Pre-writing Practice from Artsy Momma. These adorable bugs will get those little fingers working!
If you’ve got kids who love arts and crafts then try these March themed art and craft ideas too.
There are so many fun things to try on this list of March activities for kids, you’ll be kept busy every day of the month.
You wont want to miss all these super cute and clever March Crafts for Kids.
Pick out some amazing March Stories for Kids to go along with all the monthly holidays and fun days. Each day includes ideas for activities and you can convenienlty print the free calendar to help plan your month.