Get ready for a REALLY fun st patricks day activity with this gold slime! It is super quick and EASY to make this gold glitter slime that looks so cool as it oozes, stretches, and drips. Use this outrageously FUN st patrick’s day activities for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students! But watch out or sneaky Leprechauns may try to steal your gold!
Gold Glitter Slime
Get ready for a fun activity for st patricks day with this gold glitter slime! I will show you how to make gold slime and lots of fun way to play with gold slime using pots, gold coins, and more in this st patricks day activity for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
St Patricks Day Activity
For this really cool slime recipe you only need a few simple materials!
- 1/2 cup clear school glue
- 1/2 cup water
- gold glitter
- 1/2 teaspoon Borax (found in the laundry aisle)
- gold or yellow food coloring (optional)
- black pots (optional)
- gold coins (optional)
How to make gold slime
In a bowl combine 1/2 cup clear school glue and 1/2 cup water. If you want a bigger batch just use more; you need equal parts of water and glue. Mix in as much gold glitter as you like – the more the better!
In a sepearte bowl mix 1/2 teaspoon of borax into 1/2 cup warm water until combined. The hotter the water, the faster the Borax will dissolve; this makes the activator. Slowly add the activator to the glue-glitter mixture. We added 1 Tablespoon at a time until we reached desired consistency. Unlike white glue slime, if you add too much activator to clear slime, it won’t be stretchy.
How to Make Glitter Slime
How pretty is your st patricks day slime? This gold glitter glue is so pretty when it catches the light as it oozes and stretches. Plus it is so much fun to play with and is perfect every time! Your kids wont be able to wait to get their hands into this easy slime recipe to start exploring the amazing texture and reflective shine.
Sneak in some more St Patricks day for kids FUN by using little black pots to pour your slime into. Add some gold coins and see if you can trap a sneaky leprechaun in the slime who is trying to get your gold!
The picture above is the slime without any food coloring, just the clear glue with glittler shimmer. You can make i more intense by adding more glitter, expecially small pieces or add in some gold food coloring available at your local cake decoraint store like Michales or Amazon.
St patrick’s day activities for toddlers
Your kids are going to love playing with this st pattys slime as they watch is cream out of the pots and play with the gold coins in the slime. My kids didn’t want to put it away even to eat lunh!
So whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this pot of gold slime is the perfect st patricks day idea to make your st patrick’s day theme for kids extra fun! Play at home, in the classroom, or with friends at your local homeschool coop.
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Printable Scavenger Hunts, St. Patrick’s Day History Worksheets, and St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet Match
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
Rainbow Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun rainbow activity ideas? Check these out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Rainbow Handprint Craft
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Super cute Rainbow Math with a DIY abacus activity
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Free printable Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Craft Stick Rainbow Craft
- Rainbow Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten
- Rainbow Worksheets for kids
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- Create-a-Word Spelling St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Fun, Free Printable Place Value Games for St Patrick’s Day
- Practice Factors with this FREE Printable Lucky Leprechaun Games
- St. Patrick’s Day Math Equation Mats are a fun hands-on math activity for elementary age students to work on addition, subtractions, multiplication and Division this spring!
- Practice sorting by syllables with these Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
- St Patricks Day Addition Math Crafts for 1st Grade
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft for St Patricks Day
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- St Patricks Day Slime Activity for Kids
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Numbers Printable Hat
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- Pot of Gold Glitter Slime – St Patricks Day Activity
- Shamrock Craft – St Patricks Day Art Project for Kids with black glue
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!