If your kids love slime – they are going to flip over making Rainbow Slime! Use this rainbow activity for kids as part of your next rainbow theme for spring or summer. This colorful slime recipe is also a really fun St Patricks day activity, a weather activity, or a color theme too! Toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade and 4th grade students will love this rainbow art ideas. Just follow our simple rainbow slime recipe and we will show you how to make rainbow slime.
One of our favorite new slime recipes combines slime with making rainbows for a truly beautiful and outrageously fun Rainbow Slime. This rainbow making activity is perfect for a spring theme, st patricks day activities, and so much more! This rainbow activity for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students is truly outrageously FUN and so pretty!
Rainbow slime recipe
All you need to make this fun slime recipe are a couple simple materials you may already have on hand:
- 6 oz Clear Glue
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1.5 Tablespoons Contact Lens Solution
- 1 bottle liquid food coloring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or purple).
These ingredients will only make 1 color. You’ll need to get enough supplies to make each color in the rainbow.
How to make rainbow slime
Using a fork, mix together clear glue, baking soda, and food coloring in a medium bowl. Now add in the contact solution and continue mixing until you have your slime consistency. Set aside. Repeat the process to make a batch of slime in each color of the rainbow. Now it’s time for the fun!
Rainbow Activity for Preschoolers
Roll and stretch the slime into long skinny strips. Put the different colors next to each other in the order they are in a rainbow.
Now press them so they touch and will connect.
See how they form a nice solid glossly sheet now.
Rainbow Activity for Kids
Now it’s time to see the rainbow ooze over your hands and get creative pulling and stretching and oozing a rainbow.
Kids will love oozing the rainbow slime over their hands and letting the rainbow fall down and ooze through their fingers!
Rainbow activities for toddlers
As I’m sure you’ve already figured out, as the slime oozes the colors will eventually mix and end up not so colorful anymore. It still works as slime and is fun to sheet, pull, stratch and strengthen little hand muscles.
The slime rainbow part is so cool it’s worth it even if you only get the colors seperated for a little time!
Color Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Color Worksheets
- 27 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Super Cute Crayon Colors Craft
- Fruit Loop Color Activity for Preschool
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Preschool Color Book Printable
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
- Rainbow Sorting Games for Preschoolers
- Learning Color Words
- Fall Emergent Reader
- Learning Colors Printable
- Free Color Sorting Mat
- Learning Color Words Puzzles
- Octopus Learning Colors Printable
- Fruit Loop Color Activitity for Kindergarten
- Valentines Day Color Activity for Preschool
- Colors Book Printable
- Christmas Color Activity for Preschool
- Christmas Color Activities for Kindergarten
- Painting Worksheets
- Seashell Playdough Color Activity for Preschoolers
- Easter Color Words for Kids Printable Reader
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable
- Good night Gorilla Color Activity for Preschool
- Turkey Color Activity for Preschool
- Fruit Loop Sorting Ma
- Mouse Paint Color Worksheets
- See all of our color activities for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
Looking for more fun-to-make easy slime recipes? You’ve got to try these slime recipes for kids:
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Construction Slime Activities
- EASY Contact Solution Slime
- WOW 2 ingredient slime -our go to recipe
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime
- Edible, Gummy Bear Slime or this Cornstarch Slime with gummy bears
- Monsters Inc Slime with a zillion googly eyes
- Chocolate Goop
- Fluffy Unicorn Slime
Seasonal Slime Recipes
- Melting Snowman Slime
- Red Hot Valentines Day Activity Slime
- Valentines Day Glitter Slime
- Purple Valentines Day Slime
- Beautiful Gold Slime
- Glittery Green slime for St Patrick’s Day
- Leprechaun St Patricks Day Slime
- Easy Halloween Slime
- Gorgeous shimmery Gingerbread Slime
- Seriously green Mr Grinch SLime
- Fluffy Christmas Slime