St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and there’s no better way to get kids excited about a holiday then a fun activity! This st patricks day counting Activity will encourage young learners to practice counting, work on number recognition, and get them up and moving! Use this st patricks day math project with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students to count 1-20. Simply download pdf file with st patrick’s day printables free.
St Patrick’s Day Counting
St patrick’s day printables free
St patrick’s day activities for preschoolers
All you need for this fun st patricks day math activity are a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- Black construction paper
- St. Patrick’s Day Counting Activity Printable (included in the download below)
St Patricks Day Math
Gather all the materials you’ll need for this activity. After you print the St. Patrick’s Day Counting Activity Printable cut out all the gold coins, pot of gold template, and the numbers. Using the pot of gold template trace and cut out 10 pots of gold from the black construction paper. Then glue a number on each one of the black pots. Make sure you have 10 pots total.
Once those are dry place the black pots down on the floor in order from 1-10. I put a small piece of tape on the back of my pots to make sure they stayed in place while my daughter was doing this activity. It really helped keep things organized and I wasn’t spending time fixing the pots during the activity. Then I hide the coins in a few of the rooms in the house.
St Patricks Day Preschool
When I was all done setting things up I brought my daughter into the room with the pots of gold numbered 1-10. I told her we were going to do a super fun activity but I needed to go over a few things with her before we could get started. I first showed her the pots of gold with the numbers on them. We went over each number and I told her for this activity we were going to leave them on the floor. I told her that she was a leprechaun and lost all her precious gold! It was her job the go around the house and find all her gold.
St patrick’s day activities preschool
Once she found a piece of gold she was going to bring it to one of the black pots on the floor. If the pot had a number 1 on it then all she needed was 1 piece of gold to fill that pot. If the pot had a number 2 on it then she needed 2 pieces of gold to fill that pot.
St Paricks Day Math Activity
She had to do that until all her black pots were filled.
Once her pots were filled we would count the gold in each pot by putting them in a line above each pot just like a graph.
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
Rainbow Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun rainbow activity ideas? Check these out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Rainbow Handprint Craft
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Super cute Rainbow Math with a DIY abacus activity
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Free printable Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Craft Stick Rainbow Craft
- Rainbow Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten
- Rainbow Worksheets for kids
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- Create-a-Word Spelling St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Fun, Free Printable Place Value Games for St Patrick’s Day
- Practice Factors with this FREE Printable Lucky Leprechaun Games
- St. Patrick’s Day Math Equation Mats are a fun hands-on math activity for elementary age students to work on addition, subtractions, multiplication and Division this spring!
- Practice sorting by syllables with these Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
- St Patricks Day Addition Math Crafts for 1st Grade
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft for St Patricks Day
- Color Mixing Science – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Pot of Gold Glitter Slime – St Patricks Day Activity
- Shamrock Craft – St Patricks Day Art Project for Kids with black glue
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Numbers Printable Hat
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- Leprechaun SLIME – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Over the Rainbow St Patricks Day Handprint Craft
- St Patricks Day Science – Skittle Science Activity
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- St Patricks Day Slime Activity for Kids
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
St patrick’s day printables
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.