Looking for a fun st patrick’s day kindergarten activity for March? Kids will have fun learning their ABCs and the sounds they make with St Patricks day activities like this Pot of Gold Letter Sounds Sort. This beginning sounds activity is perfect for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students who are working on itial sounds or upper and lowercase letter matching. Children will sort the st patricks Simply download pdf file with free st patrick’s day printables and you are ready to play and learn this March!
St Patricks Day Activities
This literacy activity is a fun phonics game for kids celebrating Saint Patricks Day in March. The st patrick’s day printables include coins to work on both uppercase and lowercase letter matching and beginning sounds matching for students working on phonemic awareness with a super cute initials sounds activity. This st patrick’s day activities for kindergarten is perfect for kindergartners, preschoolers, and grade 1 students as a fun literacy activity for Saint Patrick’s Day. Whether you are a parents, teacher, or homeschooler – you will all enjoy this adding this st patricks day activities to your St Patrick’s Day theme, literacy center in your classrom, as extra practice, or a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
St patrick’s day printables
St patrick’s day kindergarten
Print that pages with the pots of gold and gold coins in color. I suggest printing on cardstock or laminating for durability for repeated practice all month. You can print just a couple pages at a time to work on the specific letter of the week you are focusing on in your phonics curriculum, several letters at a time, or to make it more challenging ahve students sort through all the gold doubloons all at the same time!
St patrick’s day activities for kindergarten
Now cut out the alphabet pots of gold and the gold coins with pictures of items that start with the same letter and begininning sound.
Saint Patrick’s day activities
Children will look for the featured letter on the Leprechaun’s pot of gold. Next they will look for the lowercase letter that matches with the featured upper case letter. Finally, students will say the name of the pictured items on the gold coins and put the coins with that start with the same beginning sounds “in” the pot. There are 4 coins with pictures and 1 coin with a lower case letter for each capital letter.
Don’t miss the rest of our free alphabet printables to make learning fun!
Depending on the age of your students, you will set out just a couple of pots at a time or all of them for grade 1 reviewing phonics. If your preschool students are just learning their letters you can do this activity by simply matching the upper and lowercase letters if you prefer.
For an extension activity you can put the letters (from the pots of gold or coins) in alphabetical order from A to Z.
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printables to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- Create-a-Word Spelling St Patricks Day Worksheets
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Fun, Free Printable Place Value Games for St Patrick’s Day
- Practice Factors with this FREE Printable Lucky Leprechaun Games
- St. Patrick’s Day Math Equation Mats are a fun hands-on math activity for elementary age students to work on addition, subtractions, multiplication and Division this spring!
- Practice sorting by syllables with these Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
- St Patricks Day Addition Math Crafts for 1st Grade
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- Color by Number Leprechaun Hat Template Free
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
Printable Alphabet Game
This is such a fun alphabet games for kids to help students learn their letters from A to Z and the sounds letters make. We have lots of other alphabet games for kindergarten to make learning fun! Take a peak at these FUN, free printables resources:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Phonics Alphabet Game
- Nuts about the Alphabet Game
- Peek a Bug Alphabet Game
- Frog Alphabet Matching Game
- Alphabet Printable Mini Book
- A to Z Alphabet Printable Hats
- Fish Phonics Game
- Battleship Alphabet Game
- Pumpkin Pie Alphabet Game
- Thanksgiving Alphabet Turkeys
- Back to School Phonics Game
Free st patrick’s day printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!