Kids will have fun learning their ABCs and the sounds they make this March with this FREE Pot of Gold Letter Sounds Game perfect for St Patricks Day with prek, kindergartners, and first graders.
Letter Sounds Game
This literacy activity is a fun phonics game for kids perfect for celebrating Saint Patricks Day in March. Parents, teachers, and homeschoolers will all enjoy this free printable game for kindergarten, 1st grade, and pre k students. It makes a great addition to any St Patricks Day theme, march literacy centers, or extra practice.
St Patricks Day Game
Now cut out the alphabet pots of gold and the gold coins with pictures of items that start with the same letter and begininning sound.
Beginning Sounds Game
Children will look for the featured letter on the Leprechaun’s pot of gold. Next they will look for the lowercase letter that matches with the featured upper case letter. Finally, students will say the name of the pictured items on the gold coins and put the coins with that start with the same beginning sounds “in” the pot. There are 4 coins with pictures and 1 coin with a lower case letter for each capital letter.
Don’t miss the rest of our free alphabet printables to make learning fun!
Depending on the age of your students, you will set out just a couple of pots at a time or all of them for grade 1 reviewing phonics. If your preschool students are just learning their letters you can do this activity by simply matching the upper and lowercase letters if you prefer.
For an extension activity you can put the letters (from the pots of gold or coins) in alphabetical order from A to Z.
Printable Alphabet Game
This is such a fun alphabet games for kids to help students learn their letters from A to Z and the sounds letters make. We have lots of other alphabet games for kindergarten to make learning fun! Take a peak at these FUN, free printables resources:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Phonics Alphabet Game
- Nuts about the Alphabet Game
- Peek a Bug Alphabet Game
- Frog Alphabet Matching Game
- Alphabet Printable Mini Book
- A to Z Alphabet Printable Hats
- Fish Phonics Game
- Battleship Alphabet Game
- Pumpkin Pie Alphabet Game
- Thanksgiving Alphabet Turkeys
- Back to School Phonics Game
St Patrick’s Day Printable
We have lots of other st patricks day printables for kids of all ages to make learning fun in March. These free st patricks day printables are filled with worksheets and hands on educational activites:
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- Color by Number St Patricks Day
- St Patricks Day Color by Hundreds Chart
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- St Patricks Day Find the Letter
- Addition Worksheets for Saint Patricks Day
- St Patricks Day Reading Comprehension Printables
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- St Patricks Day Printable Color by Number Crowns
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme, and Dab
- St Patricks Day Math Bingo
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching
Did you know we have over 1 million pages of free printable worksheets for kids – including pre k worksheets, free printable worksheets for kindergarten, grade 1 worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets and free alphabet printables to help make learning FUN. Plus find our history lessons and amazing easy science experiments for kids
Planning your summer vacation? Don’t miss our tried and true disney world tips!
Download St Patricks Day Phonics Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!