Looking for a fun st patrick’s day kindergarten activity for March? Kids will have fun learning their ABCs and the sounds they make with St Patricks day activities like this Pot of Gold Letter Sounds Sort. This beginning sounds activity is perfect for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students who are working on itial sounds or upper and lowercase letter matching. Children will sort the st patricks Simply print pdf file with free st patrick’s day printables and you are ready to play and learn this March!
St Patricks Day Activities
This literacy activity is a fun phonics game for kids celebrating Saint Patricks Day in March. The st patrick’s day printables include coins to work on both uppercase and lowercase letter matching and beginning sounds matching for students working on phonemic awareness with a super cute initials sounds activity. This st patrick’s day activities for kindergarten is perfect for kindergartners, preschoolers, and grade 1 students as a fun literacy activity for Saint Patrick’s Day. Whether you are a parents, teacher, or homeschooler – you will all enjoy this adding this st patricks day activities to your St Patrick’s Day theme, literacy center in your classrom, as extra practice, or a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
St patrick’s day printables
St patrick’s day kindergarten
Print that pages with the pots of gold and gold coins in color. I suggest printing on cardstock or laminating for durability for repeated practice all month. You can print just a couple pages at a time to work on the specific letter of the week you are focusing on in your phonics curriculum, several letters at a time, or to make it more challenging ahve students sort through all the gold doubloons all at the same time!
St patrick’s day activities for kindergarten
Now cut out the alphabet pots of gold and the gold coins with pictures of items that start with the same letter and begininning sound.
Saint Patrick’s day activities
Children will look for the featured letter on the Leprechaun’s pot of gold. Next they will look for the lowercase letter that matches with the featured upper case letter. Finally, students will say the name of the pictured items on the gold coins and put the coins with that start with the same beginning sounds “in” the pot. There are 4 coins with pictures and 1 coin with a lower case letter for each capital letter.
Don’t miss the rest of our free alphabet printables to make learning fun!
st patricks day phonics
Depending on the age of your students, you will set out just a couple of pots at a time or all of them for grade 1 reviewing phonics. If your preschool students are just learning their letters you can do this activity by simply matching the upper and lowercase letters if you prefer.
For an extension activity you can put the letters (from the pots of gold or coins) in alphabetical order from A to Z.
St Patricks Day Worksheets
We’ve got handy St Patricks day worksheets, printable literacy games, practice tracing, march creative writing, and lots more fun ways to learn in March.
- Color by Letter St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Template Letter Tracing Activity
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Pot of Gold Phonics – St patrick’s day activities for kindergarten
- St Patrick’s Day Alphabet Rainbow Matching
- Alphabetical Order St Patricks Day Printable Activity
- Pre-writing, Tracing St Patrick’s Day Preschool Printables
- Find the Letter St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Saint Patricks Day Shamrock Syllables sorting activity
- Create-a-Word St Patrick’s Day spelling words activity
- Free March Writing Prompts with ruled lines
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Activity for March
- Free printable St Patricks Day Write the Room Literacy Activity
- Different sounds of y – Free printable St. Patrick’s Day Activities
- Reading Comprehension St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Activity – Rhyming Donuts
- Rhyme and Dab St Patrick’s Day Printables
St patrick’s day math activities
- Count to 10 St.Patrick’s Day Printables or St Patricks Day worksheets for preschoolers
- Counting to 20 St Patrick’s Day Activities for preschoolers
- St patrick’s day puzzles printable free – counting 1-20
- Addition within 10 St Patrick’s Day Math craft
- BINGO- Free printable St Patricks Day Math Game
- Kindergarten Addition Strips – St Patrick’s Day Math Activities
- Symmetry St Patrick’s Day Drawings
- Pot of Gold St Patricks Day Math (3 different levels for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders)
- Lucky Leprechaun Math Game learning factors
- Free St Patrick’s Day Math Worksheets
- Pot of Gold Place Value Activity & St Patrick’s Day Math Worksheets
- St Patrick’s Day Multiplication – Math Equation Mats
- Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Pot of Gold St Patricks Day Math craft – addition within 30
- Hundreds Chart St Patricks Day Color by Number
- St Patricks Day Math for Preschoolers – Clover Patter Strips
- Rainbow Connect the Dots for preschoolers
- Simple Counting Puzzles Rainbow Activity for Toddlers
- Rainbow Printables – Shape Playdough Mats
St Patricks Day Science
- Rainbow in a Jar amazing density science experiment for kids of all ages to try this spring!
- Grow a Rainbow – simple St Patrick’s Day Science Experiments for young kids
- Easy Rainbow in a Jar with sugar experiment for kids
- Grow a Shamrock Science Experiment
- Frozen Eruptions Rainbow Science
- Grow a Rainbow Capillary Action Experiment
- Color Mixing Science St Patricks Day Activity
- St Patricks Day Science with SKITTLES
- Kids will love this Leprechaun Rock activity. It is an easy, fun science experiment for St Patricks Day.
St Patricks Day Activities
- Leprechaun Slime St Patricks Day Activity
- Pot of Gold Slime St Patricks Day Activities
- Green Contact Solution Slime
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime St Patrick’s Day Activities
- SLIME St Patrick’s Day activities for school age
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Activity for Toddlers
- Flecks of gold St Patricks Day Playdough
St Patricks Crafts
- Simple and cute, Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft Ideas
- Super cute St Patricks Day Craft for Preschoolers (free templates)
- Easy Rainbow Cloud Craft for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids
- Lots of fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Crafts
- Handprint Rainbow Craft for St. Patrick’s Day
- St patricks day art for kindergarten with kids own hands
- Hanging St Patricks Day Rainbow Craft
- Hanging Rainbow Craft
- Pot of Gold Craft for kids to practice making their name
St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books to read and color
- I Spy St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable Template Color Matching Game
- Ireland Coloring Pages for kids
- Free Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt for kids
- Grab this March Stories for Kids Printable Calendar with books and activities for every day of the month!
- St Patrick’s Day Printables for preschoolers
- Free St Patricks Day Printable Posters
- Lots of fun-to-read St Patrick’s Day Books for Preschoolers
- Simple, Free St Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages
- See lots more ideas to fill your St Patricks Day Lesson plan or with these St Patrick’s Day activities for preschoolers
Printable Alphabet Game
This is such a fun alphabet games for kids to help students learn their letters from A to Z and the sounds letters make. We have lots of other alphabet games for kindergarten to make learning fun! Take a peak at these FUN, free printables resources:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Phonics Alphabet Game
- Nuts about the Alphabet Game
- Peek a Bug Alphabet Game
- Frog Alphabet Matching Game
- Alphabet Printable Mini Book
- A to Z Alphabet Printable Hats
- Fish Phonics Game
- Battleship Alphabet Game
- Pumpkin Pie Alphabet Game
- Thanksgiving Alphabet Turkeys
- Back to School Phonics Game
Free st patrick’s day printables
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Beginning Sounds Game <<
What is the egg shaped picture that goes with the letter Z on the St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold beginning sound sort?