Looking for a wintry way to work on multiple skills at once with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age student? This Snowman Mix and Match color sorting gamey will be perfect! Your child can build their own snowman and learn colors, counting, and shapes at the same time. This snowman preschool activity is perfect for January as part of a winter theme. Simply download pdf file with snowman printables and you are ready to play and learn!
Color Sorting Game
This color sorting game is such a fun math activity for preschoolers this winter. Use the winter printables wo work on color recognition, preschool counting, and preschool shapes too. Use this color activity for kids from toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners too. There are so many fun parts to building a snowman. The hat, the buttons, the cute carrot nose. There are a lot of ways to change it up, too, so it’s a learning activity that can be used over and over again.
Snowman Preschool Activity
To get started, you’ll want to download the printables below with the different snowman parts. There’s a page for heads, a page for bodies, and a page for bottoms. Each has six different options to choose from, letting your preschooler or kindergartener choose whatever combination they want!
That in itself is a fun seasonal activity for toddlers. But as you start working on colors, counting, shapes, and recognizing differences, this activity can help reinforce all those skills! It’s a great hands-on activity for preschool or kindergarten.
To focus more on skill-building, give your preschooler or kindergartener specifics to look for when “building” their snowman. You’ll notice in the printable below, there is a page included with mix-up suggestions for your child to group together. Beyond those ideas, there are so many different ways to change it up yourselves for more practice!
For the snowman heads, they each have different hats and scarves on. The body has different colored buttons, each with a different number of buttons. And the bottoms each have their own design and color as well. So many fun options to put together!
Winter math activities for preschoolers
From the choices given, there are tons of combinations for your child to make, and many ways for you to quiz their knowledge. An example matchup would be as follows: make a snowman using the orange earmuffs, with four buttons, and a diamond bottom. There you have colors, counting, and shapes just from one simple activity!
You’ll want to laminate the pieces to use over and over. We have already played with this activity many times as part of our preschool day, and it hasn’t gotten old yet! Bringing the fun of winter into the classroom is a perfect way to keep lessons relevant and exciting for kiddos.
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Winter science activities for preschoolers
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions – Simple Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activity
- Erupting Snow Winter Science Experiment
- How to Make Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
Snowman PrintablesLooking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
Download Snowman Theme Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchase and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!