Kids will love this fun, silly Christmas Slime Recipe for Play. Use this Christmas activity for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and up! Plus lots of Christmas slime ideas too!
Looking for a delightful and exciting Christmas activity to keep your little ones entertained? We have just the thing! Get ready to witness the magic of Christmas with our fun, silly Christmas Slime Recipe for Play! Prepare for hours of holiday joy as your kids immerse themselves in this exciting sensory experience. They’ll be captivated by the vibrant colors, gooey texture, and endless possibilities of this Christmas-themed slime. It’s a fantastic way to enhance their creativity and bring out their inner scientist!
Whether your child is a curious toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, an inquisitive elementary schooler, or even a skeptical teenager, this Christmas activity is designed to be enjoyable for kids of all ages. Plus, we can guarantee that adults will find themselves caught up in the fun too!
Christmas slime recipe
- 1 cup glue (we like the clear best)
- 1 cup liquid starch (buy at Amazon or your local walmart)
- Green food coloring
You MUST mix the glue and food coloring together first or you will have problems. You can make it a rich green like we did, or just add a little color to make it more translucent and light greenish. You pick!
DIY christmas slime
Start by mixing glue and food coloring together using a spoon. Once it’s mixed well, gradually add liquid starch. You might find it a bit wet, but don’t worry – just get your hands involved and mash it up until it’s thoroughly mixed. If needed, you can add more starch, but 1 cup usually does the trick.
Christmas Slime Ideas
Add in some craft sticks, mini pom poms, glitter, mini ronaments, etc. for children to use as they play.
Kids will have fun kneading, stretching, and oozing this beautiful green slime!
Benefits of Playing with Slime
Playing with slime helps strengthen hand muscles! So play away as they make wreaths, trees, cookies, and more!
Best Slime Recipes
This slime has such a beautiful sheen and consistency. It is easy to shape, but also flows beautifully!
Add a variety of items to let kids play around with the slime.
This could even be an activity your Elf on the Shelf brings or you add to your advent activity boxes
Christmas Tree Activities
Of course you need to make a Christmas tree out of your slime!
Playing with SLime
Did you know that playing with slime can actually help strengthen your hand muscles? Not only is it a fun and satisfying sensory experience, but it also provides a great workout for your fingers and hands.
Benefits of Slime
- Stress Relief: Playing with slime can be incredibly therapeutic, helping to melt away tension and anxiety. The squishy texture and satisfying movements are just what you need to unwind after a long day.
- Enhancing Focus: Slime can improve concentration and focus. Engaging with its unique texture and finding creative ways to shape it stimulates the mind and boosts cognitive skills.
- Sensory Delight: Slime provides a sensational tactile experience. It allows you to engage with different colors, designs, and scents, enhancing sensory development and offering a captivating sensory journey.
- Fun and Creativity: Get your creative juices flowing! Slime is a fantastic outlet for self-expression, allowing you to mold, stretch, and experiment with different techniques. Unleash your inner artist and have a blast while doing it!
- Bonding Time: Slime can bring people together! Enjoy quality time with friends, family, or colleagues by engaging in slime activities. Whether it’s a slime-making session or a slime challenge, it’s a guaranteed fun experience that fosters connections.
Get in the festive spirit with our Christmas Slime Recipe for Play! This fun and silly holiday activity is sure to delight kids of all ages!
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets, Elf on the Shelf free printables pdf (printable ideas for every day of the month!)
- FUN How to grow a Candy Cane Activity for December, Printable Christmas Games for kids, Fun & Free Christmas Maze Printable, 12 Days of Christmas Coloring Pages or Free Christmas Coloring Pages or December Holiday Coloring Pages, Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments, How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Snowman Baubles printable paper ornaments, Beautiful, O Little Christmas Star Ornament Craft
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament, Cute Winter Card Ideas for kids, FREE Christmas Hat Template
- Cute Reindeer Feet Craft, This Puffy Gingerbread Puffy Paint smells AMAZING! Outrageously Cool Glue Snowman Craft, Make Christmas Slime – Gingerbread Slime, Mr. Grinch Slime, Christmas Fluffy Slime, Edible, Stretchy Peppermint Playdough, Glittery Green slime recipe with contact solution, or Melting Snowman Slime
- Snow Clay to make beautiful Christmas Ornaments, Melting Christmas Tree – a simple Christmas Science Experiments
- Fizzy Ornaments Baking Soda Christmas Ornaments Experiment, Easy, Epic Spinning Christmas Tree Experiment or this Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM Activities with batteries, Rudolph Race Game Combines fun and physics for kids! Festive Christmas Magic Milk Science Experiment, Dissolving peeps Christmas Science Experiment
- Super cool Christmas Lime Battery, Epic Snow Volcano Science Experiment, Melting Snowman Winter Science Experiment
- FREE Christmas Around the World Worksheets, Lesson, Crafts, and more!
- NO-prep Christmas Scavenger Hunt printable pdf
- Christmas Worksheets pdf – over 60 pages of free pages to practice math, literacy, and more in December
- Variety of Free Polar Express Worksheets for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too
- FREE Elf on the Shelf Printables to make elf antics silly and no-prep
- Christmas Cut and Paste Shape Worksheets
- Over 100 Free Christmas Activity Sheets
- Christmas Maze printable pack for elementary age kids
- Cute Christmas Tracing Sheets for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners
- Free Printable Christmas Stationary
- Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity with free printables
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Nativity Activity Sheets – huge set of printable pages to review letters, counting, adding, literacy, and more holiday fun
- Practice writing ABCs with free printable Traceable Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Color by Sight Word Worksheets for Kindergartners
- Super cute, free Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Free Christmas Hat Template for kids
- Playdough Christmas Light Patterns Christmas math activities for preschoolers
- Stocking match-up activity – Christmas alphabet letters printable free
- Christmas Sight Words Games for Pre-k
Looking for more fun-to-make easy slime recipes? You’ve got to try these slime recipes for kids:
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime or EPIC magnetic slime science project
- Cheery yellow baking soda slime , fun-to-play-with Ocean Slime or Slime Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime , dish soap white slime, or our go to recipe – WOW 2 ingredient slime
- Super Simple Sand Beach Slime and patriotic red white and blue slime
- Fluffy green apple slime, yellow apple slime, shinny red apple pie slime, cool pumpkin slime, or fluffy turkey thanksgiving slime
- Watermelon Slime FUN for Kids or Puffy Watermelon Slime Recipe
- Green St Patricks Day Slime, Gold Slime Pot of Gold Activity, and leprechaun slime
- Frozen Blue Slime
- No-stick gingerbread slime, perfect Christmas slime, mr grinch slime
- Melting snowman slime, shimmery snow slime, pretty pink valentine’s day slime, purple valentine slime, red hot valentines day slime
- EASY Green Slime Recipe with Contact Solution,
- Fluffy gummy worms edible slime, Edible, Gummy Bear Slime or edible Chocolate Slime,
- Monsters Inc Slime with a zillion googly eyes, or fluffy Unicorn Slime