This Christmas wreath craft may be quick and EASY, but WOW is it beautiful! Children of all ages from preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd graders, and up will love making these construction paper Christmas crafts as decorations for home or the classroom. So grab some pretty paper and start making this pretty paper plate wreath as a holiday craft for December!
Christmas Wreath Craft
My kids and I love making lots of Christmas crafts for kids during the holiday season. I expecially love crafts that are simple, without any hard-to-find materials. This paper Christmas wreath craft is so stunning, you won’t believe it is such an easy Christmas crafts! So grab your colored construction paper in festive red and green, or pick your favorite colors, and make your own DIY holiday wreath! This construction paper Christmas decoration is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this is a must try december craft for kids!
Paper Christmas Wreath Craft
All you need to make your own homemade Christmas wreath are a few simple materials:
- construction paper – red, white, yellow, orange, and two shades of green (or your choice of colors)
- paper plate
- pom poms
Paper Christmas Wreath
Start by carefully cutting the center out of your simple paper plate. You want to leave a good 2-3″.
Christmas Wreath Craft for Kids
Now, holding the paper horizontally, cut strips of two different shades of green construction paper.
Paper plate wreath
Now take a green strip and wrap it around the paper plate, making sure the ends touch. Use glue to affix the edges that come out past the paper plate.
Paper Christmas Crafts for Kids
Continue adding strips of green constrution paper so the shades alternate every other until you have completed a circle. You should have a lovely, undecorated paper wreath craft.
Construction Paper Christmas Crafts
Now let’s make the white candle. Glue two strips of white paper together then weave accordian style by putting on strip accross the other and creasing, then print the other strip over and crease, back and forth until you use up all the paper.
Christmas paper plate craft
You should have a cute white candle.
Construction Paper Christmas Decorations
Finally, it is time to decorate your wreath however you like. WeAdded a construction paper bow, but you could easily use ribbon or a pre-done bow for convenience. Then we attached ou accordian candle along with the yellow and orange flame made out of construction paper. Finally we glued on red and white pom poms.
Easy Christmas Crafts
There are so many options for creating a truly unique and beautiful holiday wreath for kids with this simple construction paper project!
Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas science ideas? Check these out!
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Spinning Christmas Tree Christmas Science Project
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
- Lots of Christmas Science Experiments Kids will love!
- Beautiful Borax Crystal Christmas Tree Science Experiment
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment for December
- Rudolph Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Magic Milk Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe
- Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM Activities
- Christmas Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Easy Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Simple Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Gingerbread Man Comprehension Questions Worksheets
- Free Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Gingerbread Addition Game
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Super Cute Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Gingerbread Addition Puzzles
- Christmas Patterns Activities decorating Gingerbread house with playdough
- Lots of ideas in this Gingerbread Theme for Preschoolers
- Simple Gingerbread Coloring Pages to decorate
- Gingerbread Number Order Printable
- 16 Fun-to-Read Gingerbread Books for Kids
Gingerbread Activities for Kids
- Epic Gingerbread Puffy Paint
- No stick Gingerbread Slime Recipe
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- LOTS of fun Gingerbread Crafts and Activities
- Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe – they come out soft every time!