Have fun decorating the Christmas tree by solving these Christmas word problems. This Christmas Math is such a fun Christmas Math Printable and activity for Kindergarten and first grade students to practice addition and subtraction during the holiday season in December. Simply print the pdf file for hands on math manipulatives and printable task cards.
Christmas Word Problems
In addition to decorating your Christmas tree, you can decorate this math Christmas tree using our free Christmas Word Problems printables to sneak in some fun Christmas math during December. Use this fun math activity for kindergartners and grade 1 students. Normally, the day after Thanksgiving our Christmas tree goes up, and our Christmas season has officially begun. It is a family event, with lots of excitement and normally at least one broken ornament. Despite the chaos and shattered glass, I can honestly say I love this joyful time with my children.
Since my kiddos enjoy this tradition so much I decided to get some math in while they decorate their own paper Christmas tree. This activity has word problems that instruct them on how to decorate their tree. After the children have decorated the tree they get to solve questions that ask them how many or how much more.
Christmas math worksheets pdf
Christmas word problems 2nd grade
Print off all pages on card stock. You will need four copies of the page that has the ornaments on it. (Page 3)
Cut out each ornament and place the ornaments that are the same in snack bags. For example, place all the candles in one bag, and place all the bows in a different one.
Next, carefully use scissors to cut out the word problems and laminate so that students may write their equations on them.
For further organization, grab a plastic dish that has dividers. When it is time to do the activity you can put different ornaments in each section. This will minimize the time searching for a specific ornament.
Christmas word problems 1st grade
The first 12 word problems are all addition problems. They instruct the children to place two different types of decorations on the tree and then figure out the total amount of decorations on the tree. My kindergartner would decorate his tree, use the word problem to fill in the addends, and then count the decorations on his tree to figure out the sum.
There also 12 subtraction problems to solve. Some require students to add two different decorations and then decide how many more of one decoration there are. Other just require students to add decorations and then take some away. They then figure out how many are left.
Christmas is such a fun and exciting time. Enjoy working on problem-solving while decorating Christmas trees that won’t have you cleaning up broken ornaments!!! You’ve Got This
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
Christmas story problems
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.