Here is a super cute, and easy to make paper wreath craft out of green construction paper and pompoms. This is an easy Christmas craft for kids is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids. They will love that this Christmas craft ideas for kids is not only fun-to-make but the paper christmas crafts makes a festive holiday decoration for the month of December.
Wreath Craft for Kids
This is a paper Christmas crafts makes a pretty Christmas wreath kids can make themselves with just construction paper! Make this wreath craft for kids of all ages including toddlers, preschoolers and Kindergartners in December. Although we made our paper Christmas decorations for December, it could easily be used any time of the year.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this quick and easy Christmas Craft that has endless options for personalization!
Easy Christmas craft for kids
You only need a few simple supplies to make this cute wreath craft for kids!
- green construction paper
- stapler and staples
- pompoms to decorate your wreath
- glue to affix pompoms
- glue (optional)
Start by folding a piece of paper (probably green) in half lengthwise; try not to crease it. Now cut along the opening through both parts of the paper just 1/2 – 1” or so shy of the center. Continue doing this across the entire length of the paper.
Christmas craft ideas for kids
Now pull the paper together in half the other way and and tape or staple the top and bottom together. Now pull together both sides of the cut and tape or staple them together. Keep pulling together both sides of the paper until you have completed the entire wreath.
Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Here is what your wreath should look like.
At this point my kids could finally start to see why I was calling it a wreath.
Now glue on red pompoms or attach circle stickers to decorate. Stick a pillar candle in the middle if you like. It’s such a fun wreath that your kids will be proud of.
Ornament Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun and easy ornament crafts to make with your kids in December. You will love these ideas:
- Gorgeous Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- Easy Melted Crayon Ornaments to use up small crayon pieces
- Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Gingerbread Pirates Craft Ornament
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Strip Easy Ornament Craft
- Cute Christmas Bell Craft
- Star Christmas ornament crafts for kids
- Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Easy Melted Bead Ornaments
- Simple, I Spy Name Ornaments
- Colorful Pom Pom Ornaments
- Candy Cane Puzzle Piece Ornaments
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- 31 Fun December Activities for Kids
Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Magical How to Grow a Candy Cane Activity
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Free December Writing Prompts
- Alphabet Gingerbread Printables
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Christmas BINGO Printable Game
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets for Kids
- Sight Word Christmas Coloring Pages
- Free Gingerbread Math Puzzles
- Grinch Worksheets
- Christmas Printables Word Family Activity