These beautiful Marbleized Melted Crayon Ornaments are fun-to-make and simply gorgeous! The stunning effect of the crayon ornaments is just stunning. It makes a great diy ornaments for kids and the perfect homemade Christmas gifts. So grab a couple simple materials to make these lovely crayon Christmas ornament with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and elementary age kids.
Melted Crayon Ornaments
These Melted Crayon Christmas Ornaments are spectacularly beautiful! I don’t think my pictures did them justice, but they are truly a beautiful work of art for our tree. These melted crayon ornaments are easy to make plus kids love to help make these! Both you and the kids will be impressed by the beautiful marble effect the melted crayon makes in these one-of-a-kind Christmas ornaments. This Christmas ornament craft is easy to make with your preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, elementary age kids, middle school children, and even high school students.
So grab your simple supplies, have fun making these one of a kid ornaments, and enjoy the beauty of these colorful crayon balls hanging on your tree year after year!
Have you ever wondered how to make melted crayon ornaments? Let me show you how simple this pretty melted crayon project is to make. Plus the results are so beautiful they will become a treasured Christmas ornament craft. To make these DIY ornaments you will need:
- plain, clear glass ornaments
- pot holders or winter gloves
- hair dryer
Crayon Christmas ornament
Although you can mix different colors, I highly suggest you make each ornament a certain color and pick shades of that color. It gives a really pretty marbled effect. When you mix colors, you can end up with a brown ornament by mistake if the crayons over mix.
Crayon ornament craft
I find that cutting the crayon pieces into little chunks or shavings works best as it will shorten the amount of time you need to melt the crayons in the ornament.
DIY Marbleized glass ornaments
Your willing helpers can then put the crayon pieces inside the glass ornament. Now put the top back on.
I suggest parents do this part
You will want to wear heavy winter gloves or use a good put holder because the glass will get hot as you point the hair dryer at the ornament. It needs to get hot to melt the crayons.
As the crayons begin to melt inside you will gently rotate your ornament to cover all the inside glass and create a really pretty pattern at the same time. It only takes about 20 seconds or so.
I did the holding of the ornaments at our house while the crayons were melting. I thought it was just safer. It never got to hot using my winter gloves. Please remember to use caution as you would completing any craft.
Here is our first completed crayons christmas ornament. I just love the effect. These are so pretty; I think they rival any store bought ball ornament!
Melted Crayon Christmas Ornaments
Here are the 10 Melted Crayon Christmas Ornaments we made. My favorites are the mostly one color with swirls of marble painted effect colors in the same hue.
But in case you were curious, the two on the right were made with a mixture of colors. My husband thinks the upper right looks like the bouncy balls for sale in the 80s. We made it with red, yellow, and blue. The one on the bottom right was white, gold, pink, and green. Still pretty, but my favorites are the more striking bold single colors.
These fun, easy to make Melted Crayon Ornaments are going to be a favorite Christmas Activity for Kids at your house. They make beautiful additions to any tree and wonderful kid made Christmas gifts for Grandparents, neighbors, or friends.
If you are admiring the beautiful bowl the ornaments are in, we made it! Here are directions for one of my kid’s favorite crafts – our kid-made Colorful Bowl Craft for Kids.
Ornament Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun and easy ornament crafts to make with your kids in December. You will love these ideas:
- Gorgeous Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- Easy Melted Crayon Ornaments to use up small crayon pieces
- Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Gingerbread Pirates Craft Ornament
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Strip Easy Ornament Craft
- Cute Christmas Bell Craft
- Star Christmas ornament crafts for kids
- Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Easy Melted Bead Ornaments
- Simple, I Spy Name Ornaments
- Colorful Pom Pom Ornaments
- Candy Cane Puzzle Piece Ornaments
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- 31 Fun December Activities for Kids
Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Magical How to Grow a Candy Cane Activity
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Free December Writing Prompts
- Alphabet Gingerbread Printables
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Christmas BINGO Printable Game
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets for Kids
- Sight Word Christmas Coloring Pages
- Free Gingerbread Math Puzzles
- Grinch Worksheets
- Christmas Printables Word Family Activity