This fun, hands-on Christmas counting idea allows preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to sneak in some fun holiday math in December! These Christmas counting activities also help strengthen fine motor skills too! Simply print the Christmas math and you are ready for an engaging math center or Christmas activity for kindergarten!
Adorable Santa Clause math idea for December! Use this Christmas counting with preschoolers and kindergartners. Simply print the free Christmas math printable counting cards and grab some paper clips. They will get to use counting chain links! This Christmas math is a fun way to reinforce subitizing and counting skills. These link chain cards will have kids identifying the number then use plastic link chains to show the number on each card. These can also fit inside a task box, so prep them once and have them ready for each year.
Christmas Counting Activities
- Grab the activity cards below
- Print in color or black and white
- Cut the cards out.
- A hole puncher to add dots
- Prepare some plastic link chains
Christmas Activities for Kindergarten
- Students will be working on their cards in a group. They take one card and identify the number on that card.
- They then grab a chain link, and place that many onto Santa’s sleigh to show how many gifts he has.
- They can add the link chains on various places on each card, it doesn’t quite matter as long as they add the correct number of links.
- I usually check their work as I go around the class.
Use these cards to help kids develop subitizing and fine motor skills and their number knowledge. Kids need to master their counting and number identification skills as it is a critical component to prepare them for more complex reasoning and mathematic skills.
Introduce the number digit cards and show the students how to use link chains to add them to each card. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on easier numbers by counting 1 to 5 and the kindergarteners to work on counting 1 to 10. A great way to work on these cards is to create a competition where the kids have to complete all the cards in a group.
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups.
Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas science ideas? Check these out!
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
- Lots of Christmas Science Experiments Kids will love!
- Beautiful Borax Crystal Christmas Tree Science Experiment
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment for December
- Rudolph Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Magic Milk Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe
- Christmas Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Easy Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Simple Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
- Bon Bon Alphabet Puzzles
- Christmas Themed Worksheets
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Super Cute FREE Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Nativity Worksheets Printable Pack
- Nutcracker Worksheets for Kids
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use (to share please direct others to grab their own copy here; that allows us to keep our resources FREE =)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Santa Counting Printable <<