These Christmas Emotions Sorting Mats are the perfect activity to get learners introduced to emotions and the different feelings that they have. This center is perfect for Christmas activities for Kindergarten, preschool to learn about the different emotions that they experience. The Emotions Sorting Game is also a great way to practice visual discrimination with your learners as they have to sort the emotions based on the different faces displayed on the objects. Simply download, print and prep the christmas printables and let your learners have a fun and hands-on SEL activity exploring and sorting emotions!
Emotions Sorting Activity
Young children slowly learn to control their emotions as they grow up, and one way to help them out is to talk to them about the different emotions they feel and experience. A good way to do this would be to describe certain situations and ask them how they would feel in that particular situation. This will provide a great talking opportunity for both you and your learner and also open up a pathway to explaining how your learner will be able to navigate themselves through whatever they are feeling.
Using printables and activities to explore emotions are another great way to do this. This Christmas Emotions Sorting Activity Mats are a perfect way to explore and understand emotions for your learners. As learners identify and recognize the different emotions, they will be able to understand and visualize the different emotions that are being seen.
This printable is a great activity to use as SEL center to use in a preschool or kindergarten and is also a great activity for parents to use at home with their learners.
Christmas Activities for Kindergarten
To prep this activity you will need the following:
- Free printable (download at the end of this post)
Download and print the printable. You will need to print the sorting mats and the picture cards as well. Cut apart to create the Christmas Emotions Sorting Mats and the emotions picture cards.
Christmas Activities for Preschool
The printable covers a total of 10 emotions/expressions.
Each emotion comes on the following Christmas themed objects:
- North Pole
- Gift box
The printable comes in both color and a printer-friendly black and white version for ease of printing.
Christmas lesson plans for kindergarten
Present your learners with the emotions sorting mats along with the emotions picture cards to sort. Learners will identify the emotion on the sorting mat. They will then identify the matching emotion on the picture cards and place the matching emotion cards onto the sorting mat. Each sorting mat has a total of 4 emotion picture cards to sort; bell, north pole, gift and ornament.
To increase or decrease the difficult of this activity you can increase or decrease the number of sorting mats used at a single time.
You can choose to use this printable with your preschoolers, kindergarteners and even first graders. This printable would be perfect to use in morning tubs or bins, early finishers or as a SEL activity or center for your learners.
For some more emotions and SEL check out these activities and printables: Spring Emotion Clip Cards | Kindergarten Emotions Activity and Matching Emotions and Faces – Kindergarten Back to School SEL Center
Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas science ideas? Check these out!
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
- Lots of Christmas Science Experiments Kids will love!
- Beautiful Borax Crystal Christmas Tree Science Experiment
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment for December
- Rudolph Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Magic Milk Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe
- Christmas Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Easy Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Simple Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
- Bon Bon Alphabet Puzzles
- Christmas Themed Worksheets
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for KidsLooking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas WorksheetsLooking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Super Cute FREE Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Nativity Worksheets Printable Pack
- Nutcracker Worksheets for Kids
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
Emotions sorting game
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use (to share please direct others to grab their own copy here; that allows us to keep our resources FREE =)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply