Kids will love playing with this homemade silly putty recipe. This Christmas Putty is an easy-to-make silly putty recipe that is loads of fun! This bouncing putty can be shaped like playdough and slime, but has a much different feel. This play putty is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to roll and form into a Christmas Tree as a fun December activity for kids!
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, how fun you are too make with our silly putty recipe! This outrageously fun Christmas Putty is great for strengthening fine motor skills while providing a fun holiday activity for December. This play putty recipe is super simple to make and fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten, grade 1 students, and more! Bounce, mold, and decorate your own Christmas Tree out of this play recipe for Christmas!
Silly putty recipe
Start out by adding one 6 oz bottle of glitter glue to a bowl. Next add 1/2 cup white glue.
Then, in a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup hot water and 1 teaspoon borax until dissolved. Finally pour borax mixture into green glue mixture and continue stirring until a ball is formed.
Now you are ready to PLAY with your Christmas Silly Putty! This recipe is fun to bounce, roll, and form into your own Christmas Tree! We used a yellow pipe cleaner as a star and cute buttons as ornaments. How cute is it!
If your silly putty recipe is too tough, feel free to add in a teaspoon of water, hand sanitizer or even hand lotion. But ours was perfect!
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more free printable worksheets and epic Christmas Activities for kids? Check these out:
- Holiday Tree Letter Find Christmas Worksheets
- FUN Rudolph Race Game
- Free Christmas Alphabet Game
- Super cute Free Printable Christmas Worksheets for prek-2nd graders
- Gingerbread Christmas Alphabet Game
- Free printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Color by Hundreds Chart Christmas Worksheets
- Christmas Worksheets for going around the world in December
- Free Christmas Games Pictionary
- Christmas Dot to Dot Printables
- BINGO – a printable Free Christmas Games
- 12 Days of Christmas Coloring Pages
- Free Christmas Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack of super cute pages!
- Decorate the Gingerbread House – Christmas Patterns with Playdough
- Grow your own tree with this Christmas Science Experiments
- 200 EPIC Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Amazing Puffy Snow Paint
- Easy Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Stunning Melted Crayon Ornaments
- 31 December Activities for Kids
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Tree Playdough Mats
- Snowman Handprint Ornament – super cute keepsake craft
- Growing Candy Canes – a magical Christmas Activity for kids with FREE printable!
- Christmas Word Family Activities
- Make learning fun in December with this Santa’s Sleigh CVC Word Christmas Worksheets
- Free Christmas Playdough Mats
- Hands-on Christmas Patterns Activities
- Christmas Tree Mat to practice counting with playdough
- Free Hat Craft for a fun Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe – soft cookie!
- Our families traditional Wassail Recipe with apple cider, pineapple juice, and spices!
- Melt-in-your-Mouth Best Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Amazing Snickers Cookies
- Delicious Yeastless Bread
- Best ever Twice Baked Potatoes with cream cheese and bacon on top