Wow! This 2 ingredient snow dough is amazing! It feels just like snow, can be used to build sculptures, and smells amazing! Come take a peak at our snow dough recipe – an amazing NEW sensory material that makes a wonderful winter activities for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. We use this fun sensory material as a penguin activity or winter activity and to explore winter with an antarctica activities for preschoolers.
Kids love snow! But getting everyone all bundled up and ready to play in the snow can be time consuming….. and frustrating when they come in after just a couple minutes because it is too cold outside. This morning, with a negative temperature reading, we decided that playing outdoors in the snow as an extension to our Antarctica unit just didn’t sound like fun! So….. we came up with something WAY better – 2 ingredient Snow Dough. This winter play recipe is way better than snow playdough because it actually feels like snow, builds like snow, feels a little chilly, but does not melt, use snow, or require kids to get their mittens on! This winter activity for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 is perfect for winter fun in December, January, and February.
Antarctica activities for preschoolers
This unassuming recipe might seem too simple to be as cool as I claim it is. Try it; it is AMAZING! This snow dough with conditioner really molds and flakes like real snow and is perfect for building snow scenes like indoor snowman activity, igloos, playscape for cute penguins, etc.
Snow dough recipe
For this winter activities for toddlers, simply mix 2 boxes (about 32 oz) of baking soda and a bottle of white hair conditioner (about 10 oz) together. It literally takes 3 minutes to make!
Antarctica activities for kindergarten
Now you can play with your indoor, non melting, totally amazing Snow Dough! We used it as an extension activity to learning about Antarctica by adding these super cute Penguin Toob.
Penguin Activities for Preschoolers
All my kids from Preschool to 2nd grade and 4th grade all had fun playing! When we were done we put it in a large ziplock bag to play with again
Winter activities for preschoolers
This may be our new favorite sensory material – AWESOME!
Penguin PrintablesAd more playful penguin activities, worksheets, and ideas to your day with these resources:
- Colors Penguin Matching Game
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Printable Penguins Counting clip cards activity
- Penguin Life Cycle Worksheets and themed learning activities
- Cute penguin crafts for penguin awareness day
- Fun, Penguin themed beginning sounds picture cards
- Penguin handprint craft for kids
- Shape penguins sorting activity for preschoolers and kindergartners
Winter Activities for KidsLooking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
Winter science activities for preschoolers
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions – Simple Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
Snowman PrintablesLooking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Snowman Printable
Penguin Books for Kids
More Snow & Ice Learning Activities from the Early Elementary Team:
- Snow Shapes with Penguin Shape Printable from Life Over C’s
- Snow Prints Process Art from Still Playing School
- Letter Learning & Spelling With Ice Pens from Preschool Powol Packets
- Snow & Ice – Kids Arts & Crafts Activities from The Natural Homeschool
- Lego Snowflake Symmetry from Rainy Day Mum
- Simple Winter Science How to Catch Snowflakes from Lemon Lime Adventures
- Antarctica Activity with Snow Dough from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Snowflake 2nd Grade Math Factors from Look We’re Learning