Children will have fun practicing addition within 10 using these super cute snowman addition, free printable clip cards. This snowman math activity is perfect for kindergarten and first grade students working on addition to 10. Simply print these Snowman Math Printables and you are ready to play and learn with winter math and make learning fun during winter in December, January and and February.
January is such a cold, dreary month. Christmas is over, so the fun of the cold weather is diminished….unless you bring out some fun snowman addition math activities. These super cute, Free Snowman Addition Within 10 Clip Cards brighten up dreary days and bring in a little fun to practicing math facts. And these adorable snowmen are the perfect way to practice all the combinations of adding to 10. Use these winter activities for kindergarten and snowman activities for preschoolers to make practicing math engaging and fun so grade 1 students retain the information better and can work on math fluency.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homemschooler – this winter math activity for kindergartners is perfect. Use this as extra practice, math center in your classroom, or as a supplement to you homeschool math curriculum.
Addition Within 10
Why Should My Kids Know This? Knowing all the ways to get to ten is one way people do mental math. My oldest is extremely good at math and can solve problems quickly in his head. When I ask him how he solved, most the time he uses a getting to 10 strategy.
Let’s say he is adding 46 + 9. This is what the conversation in his head will look like.
How do I get to 50….add four (getting to 10 rule).
Well, I added four, so now I have to take away four from 9. And that is 5.
50 + 5 = 55.
These clip cards require very little prep-work.
- First, print off the cards on card stock paper.
- Next, cut out and then laminate.
- Finally, gather up clothes pins.
Now they are ready to use.
Snowman Addition Worksheet
The goal of these clip cards is to help children be able to recognize all the equations that equal 10. Each clip card has three equations, but only one equation is true.
With this clip card, the children have a ten frame with five dots. All the equation start with five and the children must figure out how many they need to add to the five to get to ten.
Some children, like my oldest when he was little, will look at the ten frames and know automatically that when you add five you will get to 10. They will find the equation that says 5 + 5 = 10 and clip it.
Snowman Math Printables
Others though may need a little extra help. They might see this clip card and have no idea how to get to 10. Allow them to draw dots on the ten frames. They will see that they had to draw eight dots. So now they know that 2 + 8 = 10.
hope you had a wonderful Christmas and had a chance to unplug and spend time with your family and friends. With January right around the corner, I wanted to make sure you had all the tools and resources you need to start planning fun winter activities for kids. Take a peak at all our FREE Winter printables and educational activities for kids of all ages.
- S is for Snowman Ideas for a week-long theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Snowman Cup Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Craft
- Adorable Keepsake Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Cute, DIY Snow globes for Kids
- Paper Plate Snowman Wreath
- Construction Paper Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids this Winter
- Suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Snowman button counting
- Snowy Owl Babies Art for kids to make with a fork or this owl paper bag puppet
- Simple and Beautiful Winter Crayon Resist Art
- 100 Winter Crafts for Kids
- Simple Foil Icicle Craft for Preschoolers, this beaded icicle craft, or this folded paper icicle craft
- Snow Textured Paint project for kids
- EPIC Snow Paint Idea for winter
- Snow Shaving Cream Activities for kids
- Tissue Paper Snowflakes Craft
- Easy Hot Chocolate Craft
- Sticky Yarn Snowflake Craft Preschool
- Felt Snowflake Art Project for Kids
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Paint Swatch Tree Winter Craft for Preschoolers
- P is for Penguin Handprint Craft
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
- How Do you Make EASY Snow Clay for Christmas Ornament Crafts
- FUN Snowman Launcher – Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe and Activity
- Making historic Snow Candy (with 2 recipes!)
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- Chilly Snow Dough Antarctica Activities for preschoolers
- 30+ January Activities for Kids
- Fun Snowball Kindergarten Game
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Winter Melting Snowman Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions with Simple Snowman Science Winter Experiment for kids
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activity
- Winter Marble Notecards created with science
- Erupting Snow Winter Science Experiment
- How to Make Frost in a can- Winter Science Experiment
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Winter Color by Letter
- Alphabet Winter Worksheets for Preschool
- Mitten letter matching printable
- Alphabet igloo printable puzzles for pre-k and kindergartners
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Polar Bear Winter Literacy activities for preschoolers
- Penguin Printable Beginnig Sounds Match
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Penguin Sight Word Mazes
- Dab the Letter Snowflake Worksheets
- 20 Winter Literacy Activities for Preschoolers and Kindergarten
- Polar Bear Printable Alphabet Match
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Parts of Speech Winter Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF, cute Snowman Writing Prompts preschool winter pre-writing worksheets, or these no-prep Winter Story Starters
- Make a winter book with these Winter Writng Prompts for Kindergarten
- Hot Chocolate Game or Mitten Beginning Sounds Game
- Hot Cocoa Winter Rhyming Words Puzzles, winter rhyming words activity, or these hat winter themed rhyming words puzzles
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words Printables and Activities
- Self-Correcting Winter Boots Alphabet Game
- Mitten Blend Puzzles – Winter Activities for Kindergarten
- Winter Syllables Printable Activity
- Penguin Sight Word Worksheets
- There was an old Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow Sequencing Worksheets
- Super cute Winter Counting Worksheets for preschoolers
- Snowflake Counting Worksheet and activities
- Free Snowman Counting Task Cards Activity
- Hands-on Snowman Counting Activity for young learners
- Free Printable Snowman Counting Book
- Snowglobe Counting – winter math activities for preschoolers
- Addition Mitten Math Matching game for Kindergartners
- Penguin Printable Math Clip Cards for counting to 20
- Snowman winter math activities for preschoolers
- Snowball counting activity for preschool winter themes
- Count and Cover Snowman Math Game
- Snowflake Math Counting to 100
- Winter Math Games for Kindergartners
- Free Winter Math Telling Time Worksheets and Activities
- Shape Matching Penguin Activities
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Winter Snowballs Odd and Even Games Printable
- Winter Ruler Measurement Activites
- Snowman Math Craft or this build a snowman math for practicing addition and subtraction
- Snowman Mulitiplication Puzzles
- Winter Math Activity with Snap Cube Worksheets or these Free snap cube pattern cards
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Fraction Snowflakes Activity
- Mitten Winter Playdough Mats
- Hot Chocolate Math – Addition and Subtraction Fact Families
- Winter Colors – Penguin Matching Game or this Mitten Match Game
- Snowman Worksheets working on place value
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Workshsets
- Winter Math – Skip counting puzzles
- Hundreds Chart Winter Color by Number or these more simple winter color by number worksheets
Winter Activity Sheets
- Snowman Worksheet pack with lots of pages of math, literacy, and more for 3-8 years-olds.
- Check out even more ideas in this Winter Theme or this Snow Theme Preschool
- Penguin Activities for Penguin Awareness Day on January 20th
- Simple Winter Coloring Pages
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Don’t miss these fantastic Winter Read Alouds, fun Winter Picture Books, or these Winter Books for Preschoolers
- Roll and Dab Winter Activity Sheets or these winter printables to learn color words with bingo markers
- Winter Worksheets for Kindergarten and Preschoolers
- Arctic Animals Worksheets -huge pack with math and literacy skills for toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders
- Winter Printable Pack
- Winter Birds Worksheet for working on letters, counting, addition, and more! (huge pack!)
- Penguin Life Cycle WOrksheet Pages
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Cute winter playdough mats for kids
Snowman Addition Within 10
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!