This winter, your preschoolers can work on counting syllables with these snow-themed clip strips. This low-prep activity perfect for your upcoming winter homeschool preschool lessons.
More FREE Winter Learning Activities for Kids
- Winter Theme for Elementary Age Kids
- Count to 10 Winter Emergent Reader
- Snowman Counting Activity
- Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- S is for Snowman Week
- Melting Snowman Slime
- Compound Word Snowflakes
- Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
Syllables Activity for Winter
Preparing the Strips
Print out each of the pages on cardstock. Laminate them for durability. Then, cut the strips apart. You will end up with twenty syllable strips. Provide a selection of winter-themed counters or clothespins in order for children to complete the activity.
How to Use This Pack
This activity is a great way to practice counting syllables. Counting syllables helps speed up the process of decoding larger words. It will also help kids with spelling bigger words later on. I suggest doing the activity together the first time so that you can be sure your kids can identify each picture, and can count the syllables correctly.
Children will say the name of each picture and count the syllables as they do. You may want to have them clap the syllables as they say them aloud. Then, they’ll cover or clip the correct number of snowflakes to correspond with the number of syllables in each word.
To make this activity self-correcting, place small stickers on the back of each syllable snowflake. Then, kids can turn the strips over to see if they have correctly counted the syllables.
For additional winter activities…
- This Easy Snow Globe Craft for Kids is such a fun craft for kids of all age.
- Learning is fun with this Build a Snowman CVC Word Practice.
- Practice telling time to the hour with this free Snowman Telling Time Activity.
- Preschoolers can work on beginning literacy skills with this pack of printable winter literacy activities.
- Work on number recognition and counting to twenty with a set of winter-themed count and clip cards.
- Lastly, preschoolers will work on letter recognition and sorting uppercase and lowercase letters with this set of free ABC sorting cards and mats.
- This amazing Snow Dough Recipe is only 2 ingredients, cold, and doesn’t melt!
- How cute are these Snowman Letter Practice Trace & Erase?!
- Practice adding and subtracting within 10 while making these adorable free Snowman Math Craft
Download Syllables Activity for Winter
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or single classroom use only (to share with others please direct them to this post to download their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!