Make practicing counting how many syllables are in words with this winter syllables themed clip cards. This syllables for kindergarten, pre-k, and first grade is perfect for a winter theme or snowflake themed activity during December, January, and February. This syllables activity is sure to keep kids engaged and having fun learning!
Whether you have a cold, dreary winter day or a beautiful white day filled with blankets of snow and falling snowflakes – you will love adding this literacy activity to your day! Use these hands-on counting syllables worksheet with preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Simply say the name of the pictured item out loud and listen for the number of syllbles in these winter words. Then clip the correct number of syllbles for how many parts of the word you hear. This syllable activities is such a fun winter learning activity for kids.
Syllables for kindergarten
Print out each of the pages on cardstock. Laminate them for durability. Then, cut the strips apart. You will end up with twenty syllable strips. Provide a selection of winter-themed counters or clothespins in order for children to complete the activity.
This activity is a great way to practice counting syllables. Counting syllables helps speed up the process of decoding larger words. It will also help kids with spelling bigger words later on. I suggest doing the activity together the first time so that you can be sure your kids can identify each picture, and can count the syllables correctly.
Children will say the name of each picture and count the syllables as they do. You may want to have them clap the syllables as they say them aloud. Then, they’ll cover or clip the correct number of snowflakes to correspond with the number of syllables in each word.
To make this activity self-correcting, place small stickers on the back of each syllable snowflake. Then, kids can turn the strips over to see if they have correctly counted the syllables.
Looking for more free winter worksheets, winter activities, and winter themed ideas to make learning fun all winter long? Check out these fun resources:
- Free Printable Winter Worksheets help pre-k and kindergarten age students practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Winter Rhymes –Matching Rhyming Words Games
- Winter Pre-Writing Activity for early learners
- Practice counting to 100 with these free Winter Color by Number Worksheets
- Super cute Winter Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Or work on letter recognition with these Color by Letter Winter Worksheets
- Rhyming Words with Pictures Winter Puzzles
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- Winter Syllables printable activity
- Free Printable Winter Story Starters
- Winter Roll and Cover worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun-to-Read Winter Books for Kids
- Practice counting to 10 with this super cute Free Winter Printables
Nothing says winter like snowman! Try these cute snowman printables:
- Build a CVC Word Snowman Activities for early readers!
- Snowman Printables Letter Tracing
- Adorable Count to 10 Snowman Printables Book
- Winter Snowman Word Family Spinners freebie
- Printable Snowman Clock and telling time activities
- Fun Snowman Math Craft for kids to practice addition within 10
- Build a Snowman worksheet to help kindergartners work on sequencing
- Winter Playdough Mats for kids to build common winter items
- Practice phonemic awareness with these adorable Snowman Coloring Pages
- Snowman Printables for teaching children basic shapes
- How cute are these Snowman Printables to trace and erase
- Winter Snap Cube Free Printables
- Hands-on Winter Counting activity for preschoolers
- Free Winter Worksheets for pre-k
- Super cute, count to 10 Snowman Crafts Preschool
- Snow globe Letter Find Winter Worksheets
- Winter worksheets for Kindergartens
- DIY Snow Globe craft for kids
- Try this easy snowman craft that uses circle stickers
- This amazing Snow Dough recipe is only 2 ingredients, cold, and doesn’t melt!
- Adorable Glue Snowman Craft
- This How to Make Snow Ice Cream is a must this winter!
Syllables for Kindergarten
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or single classroom use only (to share with others please direct them to this post to download their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!