Kids will have fun practicing letter recognition with this self correcting, Winter Boots Alphabet Game. This abc printable is perfect for preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students.
With the cold weather kids are usually eager to stay inside and learn. Make learning more engaging and fun with this hands on, educational activity that focuses on visual discrimination. Children will match upper and lowercase letters to complete the boots.
Preschoolers, prek, and kindergarteners will love these winter themed self-correcting alphabet puzzles! Looking for a fun way to reinforce alphabet lower and uppercase matching skills? These puzzle cards will have kids identifying the letters and finding their identical match or lower to uppercase match. The puzzles are self-correcting, meaning that the kids will know if their match is correct right away, perfect for independent practice and morning tubs.
Printable Alphabet Puzzles
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this free printable abc game for kids to practice matching uppercase and lowercase letters. These are great for winter themes, literacy centers, extra practice, and winter break. Plus, you will love that these are self checking so it is great for independent learning!
Upper and Lowercase Letters
Store your alphabet activity in a ziplock bag so you are ready to play all winter long as you work on matching upper and lowercase letters.
Use these puzzles to help kids develop letter identification skills and strengthen their letter knowledge. Kids need to master their letter sounds and identification as it is a critical component to prepare them for reading. Introduce the puzzle cards and show the kids that these cards are self-correcting, meaning if the cards don’t link easily this means the match is incorrect. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on identical letter to letter matching skills and the kindergarteners to work on upper to lowercase matching skills. A great way to work on these puzzles is to create a competition where the kids have to find and match a certain number of puzzle cards to win the game. This game is simple enough for preschool kids aged 3 and over!
ABC Games for Toddlers
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups. If it’s a group of kids working on a set of puzzles, you can either choose a number of letters to work on or the whole set.
FREE Winter Printables
- Winter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow Phonics game
- Snowman Letter Tracing
- Winter Do a Dot Printables
- Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Fun Winter Color by Number Worksheets
- Snowman Worksheets
- Winter Count to 10 Preschool Math
- Snowflake Compound Word Practice
- Winter Math Game
- Snowman Math Game
Download Self-Correcting Alphabet Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!