Preschool and kindergarten kids will love these winter themed self-correcting alphabet puzzles! Looking for a fun way to reinforce alphabet lower and uppercase matching skills? These puzzle cards will have kids identifying the letters and finding their identical match or lower to uppercase match. The puzzles are self-correcting, meaning that the kids will know if their match is correct right away, perfect for independent practice and morning tubs.
More FREE Winter Printables
- Free Winter Dot Marker Printables
- Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Winter Spin a Fraction
- Arctic Animals Pack
- Printable Winter Roll a Silly Sentence
- Fun Winter Color by Number
- Snowman Worksheets
- Math: Winter Addition Mats
- Skip Counting Winter Puzzles
- Winter Count to 10 Pack
- Hundreds Chart Winter Coloring
Self-Correcting Alphabet Winter Boots Puzzles
Print two sets of these puzzles and laminate them for durability. There are two versions of these puzzles; upper to uppercase match and upper to lowercase match. Print any set you wish according to the needs of your group of students. Cut out the puzzles and make sure each set is separated for easy play.
Self-correcting Alphabet Winter Boots Puzzles
Use these puzzles to help kids develop letter identification skills and strengthen their letter knowledge. Kids need to master their letter sounds and identification as it is a critical component to prepare them for reading. Introduce the puzzle cards and show the kids that these cards are self-correcting, meaning if the cards don’t link easily this means the match is incorrect. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on identical letter to letter matching skills and the kindergarteners to work on upper to lowercase matching skills. A great way to work on these puzzles is to create a competition where the kids have to find and match a certain number of puzzle cards to win the game. This game is simple enough for preschool kids aged 3 and over!
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups. If it’s a group of kids working on a set of puzzles, you can either choose a number of letters to work on or the whole set.
More FUN Winter Theme Learning Activities
Winter Books for Kids
Download Self-Correcting Alphabet Winter Boots Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!