Owl Crafts have always been some of my favorite. They are just so cute! With winter coming, we decided to make a Snowy Owl Craft. This owl paper bag puppet is such a fun, easy-to-make winter craft for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders. This snowy owl craft is perfect for December, January, and February as a winter animal craft.
Owl paper bag puppet
This owl paper bag puppet uses simple supplies you may already have around the house. Plus the owl paper bag craft turns out so cute with its striking white body it is sure to be a favorite kids craft for winter! This paper bag owl craft is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students who are celebrating winter! This is a fun addition to a winter theme, winter animals theme, or just as a easy winter craft for children.
Owl paper bag craft
All you need are a few simple materials to make this preschool winter craft; chances are you have most of these craft supplies already at your home!
- paper bag
- construction paper in white, yellow, and black
- white paint
- cotton ball
Snowy owl craft
To get this Snowy Owl craft ready, you’ll need to cut the following pieces from construction paper:
- Black: One triangle for the beak, and two round black eyes. Optionally cut several small crescent shapes for some black feathers.
- Yellow: Two eyes, a bit larger than the black circles.
- White: One triangle, slightly wider than the paper bag, and two semicircles for the wings.
Once the paper pieces are cut, it’s time to make the owl!
Snow owl craft
First, paint the front of the paper bag with white paint using a cotton ball. Do this by dipping the cotton ball into the white paint, and then dabbing it all around the front of the bag. Doing this makes the owl look fluffy with a lot of white feathers.
Snowy owl craft preschool
After you are finished painting the feathers, it’s time to glue on the paper pieces.
First glue the white triangle onto the top of the head. Next attach the white wings to the side.
Glue the yellow eyes on top of the white triangle and then glue the black circles in the center. Next add the black beak.
Finish by gluing the black “feather” pieces all around the front of the owl.
Snowy owl craft for preschoolers
Let the snowy owl dry, and you’re finished! Use this owl to act out owl songs or stories. These would be great to go along with the book Owl Babies, and would go great with a winter or Arctic animals theme.
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Snowman Printable