This outrageously FUN snowman activity is a combination craft, activity, and winter stem activities too! This snowman launcher is simple to make and loads of fun as a snowman activity for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade and up! Follow our step-by-step how to make a snowball launcher for an adorable snowman craft and winter activities for preschoolers in January!
Snowman Activities for Preschoolers
Get ready to be the coolest mom on the block when you make this fun winter activity! First you will make the adorable snowman craft that will actually launch ‘snowballs’. See who can get their snowman launcher to send your pompom or marshmallow snowballs the farthest in this outrageously fun snowman STEM activity for winter! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this winter activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Winter Activities for Preschoolers
All you need to make your own marshmallow shooter are a few simple materials you probably already have at home:
- White paper cup
- Balloon (s)
- Cotton balls, Marshmallows, or white pompoms
Start by carefully using scissors to cut out the bottom of your white paper cup.
How to Make a Snowball Launcher
Now blow up a balloon (any color) and tie off. Now cut the balloon in half. Pull the knotted end half over the newly created hole in the bottom of the cup.
Then finish creating your cute snowman craft by using markers to add black eyes, orange nose, and a scarf out of the rest of the balloon piece if you like.
Create just one or a group of cute snowman cup crafts! Now it’s time to grab some marshmallows, snowballs, or pom poms to move to the activity part of this winter STEAM activity.
Ask your students to make a prediction – will the marshmallow or cotton ball launch further?
Winter STEM Activities
Hold the snowman cup upsdie down so the hat is in your hand. Insert your material to launch.
Snowman activities for kindergarten
Pull back on the hat and release to launch your marshmallow.
Record your findings on your worksheet. REmember to repeat your experiment several times as all good scientists do. Any experiment should be reproducible and yield similar findings.
Which material launched further the marshmallow or cotton ball?
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft, Glue Snowman Craft, Adorable Keepsake Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe, DIY Snow globes for Kids, Construction Paper Snowman Wreath Craft
- Suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers, Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe, EASY Snow Clay for Christmas Ornament Crafts,
- Snowman Launcher Winter Activities for Preschoolers, YUM! 2 ingredient Snow Ice Cream
- Chilly Snow Dough Antarctica Activities for preschoolers, 30+ January Activities for Kids
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards, Super Cool Snow Volcano Science, winter Melting Snowman Experiment
- Eruptions Snowman Science Experiment, easy Exploding Snowman, erupting snow Winter Science Experiment
- How to Make Frost in a can- Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Word Family Spinners or Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction or Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter or Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10 and Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages or Snowman Addition Clip Cards or Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Snowman Counting Cards or Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages or Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF or Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words or Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Penguin Worksheets Counting 1-10 or counting to 20 penguin math
Popular Science Activities
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children list below, plus don’t miss all our science for kids, types of free science lessons, or seasonal science experiments.
- Tons of Kindergarten science experiments by month
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano or 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water) or Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries or 24 Epic Solar system science projects
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density and Color-Changing Flowers
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments, Simple Galaxy science project, and Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane, Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project and Amazing POP rocks science experiment
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers, fun How to Make a Lava Lamp, 30 Simple machines science projects
- Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment, Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments or teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit, Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity , Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials, EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment, and Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Color Changing Slime or l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes , neat burning candle experiment worksheet answers
- Human Heart for Kids, hands-on Human Body Project, LOTS of Life Cycles for Kids
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment, amazing Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make orthis cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Life Size Skeletal system science project, free parts of the brain worksheet and project, fun science experiments
- Hands-on Newton’s cradle project, DIY draw bot for kids to make, playdough human body game
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW and LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
The snowman launcher was a fantastic winter activity.