Did you know Penguin Day is January 20th. Celebrate Penguin Awareness Day with these super cute penguin crafts, penguin activities, and learning about these cute waddling birds that live in Antarctica. This penguins for kids lesson ideas are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students this winter.
Penguins are adorable creatures and would make a great topic to study with your kids on this penguin day! We’ve found so many great penguin craft ideas, silly penguin snacks, penguin art projects, books about penguins, and penguin activities for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartens, and grade 1 students. Celebrate penguins with these fun penguin ideas for kids! You’ll definitely find some fun ideas for you and your kids to do in the lists below.
Start out your penguin theme reading some of our favorite penguin books. Children will learn about these super cute animals who love the cold, snow, and swimming! These are perfect to start your penguin awareness day activities
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins (one of our favorite books!)
- Tacky the Penguin
- A Penguin Story
- Little Penguin
Penguin craft preschool
Try some of these adorable penguin art for preschoolers out of a variety of materials including construction paper, paper plates, pompoms, and more!
- Circle Penguin Craft from Reading Confetti is made of black and white construction paper for both a shape craft and fun penguin craft all in one.
- Pom Pom Penguin from Artsy Momma is made of pom poms with adorable felt orange beak and feet
- Paper Cup Penguin Craft Roll & Make Game from The Imagination Tree uses a simple black cup to make an adorable waddling penguin craft with google eyes and big webbed feet.
- Egg Carton Penguin Craft from Parenting Chaos lets you recycle your egg carton to make a colony of little penguins with painted black backs and cute button eyes.
- Penguin Card from My Life Cookbook is perfect for wishing someone merry christmas or celebrating a winter birthday. You will love that he beak opens when the card opens.
- Penguin Puppets from I Can Teach My Child – use a tp roll to make this simple penguin craft with preschoolers
- Paper Heart Penguin Craft from Crafty Morning is another shape craft, but this time it is a heart shape craft to make a heart warming penguin from construction paper
- Penguin Footprint Art from Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails is an adorable penguin footprint craft with a ribbon for as scarf that is so cute, you’ve got to make this to send to Grandma!
- Penguin Handprint Art from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games allows students to make a cute penguin craft with their own hand and trace the letter p too!
- Macaroni Penguin Craft from Parenting Chaos reuses a plastic bottle to make this fun penguin project
- Footprint Penguin Canvas Keepsake from Fun Handprint Art makes a whole family of penguin foot art
Penguin activities for preschoolers
If you are looking for some fun penguin activities for kindergarten, you will love all these clever penguin preschool activities:
- Make your own 2-ingredient snow dough to play with snow and cute polar animals like penguins inside this winter
- Penguin Sorting Sensory Bin from Powerful Mothering – Whose the king of the cold? You decide in this penguin sensory bin filled with diy snow!
- Penguin Math Activity from Life Over C’s helps students work on which numbers are greater than or less than others with a fun, hands-on math printable
- Penguins of Antarctica from Living Montessori Now is a whole lesson on cute penguins!
- Penguin Counting Game from Pre-K Pages is a fun penguin counting game for early learners
- Multi-Level Penguin Activities from Living Montessori Now is a more advanced penguin lesson for upper elementary age students.
- Penguin Memory Cards from Playing with Words 365 allow students to improve their memory skills while having fun with playful penguins
- Penguin Learning Pack from 3 Dinosaurs is filled with free penguin printables to make learning fun
- Penguin Plunge from Mom Inspired Life is an active, penguin inspired game!
- Penguin Water Bead Sensory Bin from 3 Dinosaurs with peaceful blue water beads contrasted with chilly snow
- 5 Little Penguins Counting Songs from Let’s Play Music is a penguin counting song for preschoolers
- Penguin Snack from Fantastic Fun & Learning
- Penguin Themed Snack from Sugar Aunts
- Ice Cream Penguins from True Aim
- Sushi Penguins from Learn with Play at Home
- Frozen Banana Penguins from Spaceships & Laserbeams
- Snack Cake Penguins from Hungry Happenings
- Oreo Penguins from Passion for Savings
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Penguins from Creative Me, Inspired You
- Penguin Cookies from Delightful E Made
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat Penguins from Hungry Happenings
Ad more playful penguin activities, worksheets, and ideas to your day with these resources:
- Colors Penguin Matching Game
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Printable Penguins Counting clip cards activity
- Penguin Life Cycle Worksheets and themed learning activities
- Cute penguin crafts for penguin awareness day
- Fun, Penguin themed beginning sounds picture cards
- Shape penguins sorting activity for preschoolers and kindergartners
We love celebrating fun holidays and fun days throughout the year! We have lots more special days throughout the year with activities to inspire you to create memories with your kids:
- Did you know there is a national Dice Day on December 4th? Try these dice games for kids
- Try these candy cane activities for National Candy Cane Day on December 26th
- After Christmas comes Three Kings Day for Kids on January 6th
- Celebrate Penguin Day on January 20th with these penguin crafts and activities
- Fun crafts and activities to celebrate Chinese New Year for Kids
- Carnival Crafts and Activities for National Carnival Day February 26
- These moon activities for kids will take you out of this world for National Moon Day on July 20th
- National Honey Bee Day is August 17th, celebrate with these bee activities for kids
- Learn about author Roald Dahl on September 13th with these roald dahl craft ideas
- Enjoy National Chocolate Day in Octoboer with these chocolate activities
- Become a super hero on Batman Day this September 15th with batman crafts and activities
- August 3rd is Watermelon Day, celebrate with these watermelon activities
- Sweeten your next July 15th with these gummy worm games for Gummy Worm Day
- Happy Birthday Donald Duck! Join in on the celebration this June 9th with these Donald Duck Day activities
- Head down to Seasame Street for these sesame street crafts for Sesame Street Day on November 10th
- Eat up on October 4th and celebrate Taco Day with these taco crafts
- Kids will love celebrating the largest living land mammal with these elephant activities to celebrate World Elephant Day on August 12th
- Mark your calendar for one of two donut days on June 7th and try these fun donut activities
- Celebrate Eric Carle’s birthday March 2nd with these hungry caterpillar crafts
- We celebrate Dr. Seuss day on his birthday on March 2nd with these fun dr seuss activities
- The 2nd week of mark is Bubble week! Join in on the fun with these bubble activities
- Let’s hear it for National Popcorn Day on January 19th with these poporn crafts
- Stay in your pjs for the Festival of Sleep Day on January 3rd and try one of these pajama day activities
- Grab some candy and try one of these activities for National Candy Day on November 4th.
- Make one of these mad hatter hat ideas to celebrate Mad Hatter Day on Octoboer 6th
- Show your patriotism by celebrating Flag Day on June 14th with one of these flag day activities
- Kids will go nuts over these jelly bean crafts for National Jelly Bean Day on April 22nd.
- Teach kids about our amazing planet on Earth Day this April 22nd with these Earth Day crafts
- Learn about frogs on Save the Frogs Day this April 30th with these frog activities
- May the 4th be with you on Star Wars Day! Try one of these star wars crafts today
- Celebrate Dental Health Month in February with these clever dental crafts
Activities like these are perfect for helping kids explore and enhance their creative side. I am sure kids will love them too!