Penguins! They are such cute animals (and make a great learning theme) which kids love! Use these free penguin color matching activity for fun learning!
Penguin Activities for Kids
- Counting Penguin Clip Cards
- Penguin Life Cycle Worksheets
- S is for Snowman Week
- 30 Crafts for Penguin Awareness Day on Jan 20th
- Printable Penguin Sorting Activity
- P is for Penguin Handprint Craft for Kids
Penguin Color Matching Activity
These penguin matching cards can be used simply as matching cards, memory game (placing the cards face down and try to remember where the pairs are to match them up), or, use it in a sensory bin for added fun! We used cotton wool balls in our bin here for a “snowy” effect but you can use pompoms, shredded paper, rice, fake snow etc.
Tip: Laminate the cards before cutting so that it is reusable.
Which penguin will get which color bucket? See on their tummies which color bucket with fish they would like to eat. Match them up to keep the penguins happy! Perhaps you have small colored fish, like mini erasers, you can add to the bin too! That would be super fun to match the correct color fish AND bucket to the penguin!
More Winter Activities for Kids
Educational value: Color matching activities like these develop visual discrimination skills needed for subjects like reading, writing and maths, to name a few. Have a conversation(peers playing together help each other in this regard too) about the colors and their names to develop language and vocabulary in a playful way.
Have fun while learning your colors with these cute penguin matching cards!
Download Penguin Color Matching Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!