Kids will love using this colorful diy colored rice in sensory bins and play. Wondering how to color rice? We will show you how to color rice the easy way – you only need 3 ingredients to make this colorful, fun rice. Dying Rice is inexpensive and super simple for using in sensory activities and crafts with preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
How to Color Rice
All you need to make this fun sensory material with so many uses for sensory bins, tracing letters, and educational activities is:
- rice (any kind will do – buy the cheap stuff)
- rubbing alcohol (2 teaspoons per color)
- food coloring (standard McCormick food coloring will do)
- large ziplock bags for mixing
Put 2 teas rubbing alcohol (find it in the band-aid isle) and food coloring in a large ziplock bag.
How to make colored rice
Add 2 cups cheap white rice.
Shake and ‘knead’ to blend thoroughly.
How to color rice with rubbing alcohol
Pour rice on paper towel lined cookie sheet. (This helps it dry quicker) It might be slightly smelly of the rubbing alcohol so you may want to do this on a day you can open windows or better yet can put the tray outside to dry quicker in the sun! It takes a couple hours.
Multi Colored Rice
That’s it, simple right?!? You can use the colored rice in sensory boxes or a myriad of other projects. Coming up next is how I used our colored rice!! So tell me, what do you use your colored rice for?
- Find the Letter Preschool Worksheets for working on letter recognition or popular Bunny Ears Template
- Free Superhero Worksheets and practice letters, numbers, and more fun with Frozen Worksheets for kids
- Tons of FREE preschool coloring pages pdf, Free dinosaur worksheets, Shape dot marker printables
- Fingerprint Activity Worksheet working on counting with pre-k and free The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables
- Farm Animals and their Babies FREE Printable Puzzles and Princess Worksheets for kids
- Free Printable Alphabet Bracelets, Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets into Mini Books (Freebie!)
- TONS of Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers and Free Alphabet Playdough Mats pdf
- Super cute Free Printable Preschool Worksheets Tracing Letters and Animal I Spy Printables pdf
- Number Bingo Dauber Worksheets, Farm Cutting Practice Worksheets, andColor Worksheets
- Plus so many more Free preschool worksheets age 3-4 and tons of preschool worksheets to choose from
- Pirate free alphabet printables, Free Shape Pattern Block Templates, and road shapes
- See all free preschool worksheets age 3-4, cute preschool worksheets, and TONS of free printable worksheets for all ages
- DIY Foam Paint for Kids, EASY Science Activities for Preschoolers, 100 ABC Games that are Outrageously FUN
- Baking Soda Slime, Squish Watermelon Sensory Bag, Printable Road Shapes Activity, Melted pony bead craft
- Glow in the Dark Fairy Jar, beautiful Color Changing FLowers Experiment, edible Marshmallow Paint
- Painting with Cars, easy color changing milk experiment worksheet, Easy-to-Make Balloon Hovercraft
- Super Cool Scribble Draw Bot, Edible Peanut Butter Playdough, Amaze Kids with this Leak Proof Bag Science
- Race Track Pool Noodle Activity, fun Tin Foil art, cool DIY Foosball Table, Lots of fantastic Books for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Planets Solar System Project, Free Printable Doctor Pretend Play, free printable ice cream name craft
- Craft with free fish template preschool, easy pasta necklace craft, DIY magic sand, fun bubble painting
- Impressive Grow a Rainbow capillary action experiment, EPIC ketchup volcano, craft stick shape activities with free templates, Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet, Grass Head Craft, Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Play and eat this marshmallow playdough, learn how to dye rice with food coloring for sensory play
- Beautiful stained glass craft pasta art, simple water cycle in a bag worksheet, unique apple craft
- vibrant washable sidwalk paint for kids, amazing homemade bubble solution, family-favorite kool aid playdough recipe
- 100 monster crafts and activities, lava lamp experiment explanation, popsicle stick candy catapult kids activity
- Plus don’t miss all our kids activities and fun preschool activities