Have you tried making your own diy puffy paint? It’s really easy to whip up a batch of puffy paint recipe that will delight and engage children to create. This is a special kind of 3d painting for kids using homemade foam paint. You will love how easy it is to make this diy foam paint to let toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders creat amazing artwork!
In just 2 minutes you can whip up a batch of this amazing foam paint! This homemade paint for kids is so simple-to-make with incredible results. The shaving foam painting will be thicky, puffy, with vibrant colors. Children will amaze you with the 3d art for kids they will create. Whether they whip up a car, fall pumpki scene, butterfly, hot air balloon, or family picture – the homemade puffy paint has such striking results!
DIY foam paint
This easy foam paint recipe is so simple you won’t believe it! Gather your supplies first:
- sandwich ziplock bags
- white shaving cream
- food coloring – any colors you wnt
- white school glue
- paper (we prefer to use cardstock as it holds up to the thicker paint better)
Puffy paint recipe
Mix equal parts of shaving cream and white school glue in a ziplock bag along with food coloring of your choice.
Seal bag and mix until thoroughly combined and you have the color you like.
Once it is thoroughly combined you can snip the edge of the corner using scissors to create a pipping bag.
Diy puffy paint
Now you have your amazing, easy-to-make puffy paint for kids! Now it’s time to create some EPIC little masterpieces.
Shaving foam painting
Now it’s time to create some stunning artwork with this paint play recipe! I suggest drawing a simple picture with pencil first so kids will have an idea of where put the paint. Unlike pencil, this is not as easy to erase and re-do it.
3d painting for kids
Now trace the pencil lines in the color of your choice to create your bold project.
Homemade paint for kids
What you create is only limited by your imagination. My kids love the Disney movie UP so they made this super cute and colorful hot air balloon.
Make a cute automobile and decorate it with your own favorite paint job. I love this cheerful blue, green, orange, and yellow car painting.
3d art for kids
Create some seasona alrtwork like this stunning fall craft. We made a lovely orange pumpkin and fall colored leaves. I love the dimmension the puffy paint gives the project. I think it is actually prettiest with the white space in the project so you can appreciate the height this paint gives the project.
My daughter loves butterflies so we hd to make a pretty purple butterfly project. This one was great for talking about symmetry for a little hidden math to our butterfly arts and craft.
I know it’s hard to see the cool height to this AMAZING puffy paint, but check this out! This is seriously the coolest and best puffy paint! So easy and yet such stunning results!
homemade puffy paint
This easy puffy paint recipe is a MUST try for a fun kids activity during the year, summer art project on your summer bucket list, and any other season you want a quick and stunning project kids will be proud to share.
Looking for more fun kids activities and other ideas to keep kids engaged, learning, and having fun? Check out these:
- Scented, Watermelon Playdough Recipe for summer
- EASY Pool Noodle Race Track for Kids
- Baking Soda Clay
- Amazing Baking Soda Slime
- Edible Peanut Butter Playdough
- 30 Homemade Bird Feeders to make
- EPIC Water Balloon Painting Activities
- Simple Popsicle Stick Catapult project for kids
- 100+ Zoo Animal Crafts
- Summer STEM Ice Boat Races
- Easy Marshmallow Shooter
- Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Summer fun
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- Van Gogh Starry Night Aluminum Foil Art Project
- Our favorite 2 ingredient slime is great for any time of the year!
Things to Do with Kids
- Edible Peanut Butter Playdough
- Shape Recognition Activity for Kids
- Rainbow Painting with Cars
- Grass Head Summer Activity for Kids
- Printable Lego Activities for Kids
- Silly Bouncy Egg
- Fun-to-Make DIY Foosball Table – Stem Project for kids
- Easy Sand Volcano with NO clean-up
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime
- Strawberry Scented Jello Playdough Recipe
- Snake Bubbles
- Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- Puffy Paint Recipes and Projects for Kids
- Kool Aid Watermelon Playdough
- LOTS of Fun Sidewalk Chalk Games
- 75+ Free Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
There are so many fun ways to play and teach kids about chemical reactions using a baking soda and vinegar reaction. Here are some of our favorite baking soda and vinegar activities.
- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF! Rocket Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Lemon Volcano are an EPIC Summer Experiment for Kids
- Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Outrageous Leak Proof Bag Science Experiments for Kids
- Heat Sensitivie Color Changing Slime Recipe
- 100 Exciting Year-Round Science Experiments for Kids
- Rainbow Activities for Preschoolers
- How to Make a Newton’s Cradle Science Expeirment
Try this EPIC 3 ingredient puffy paint this week!