Is your child working on shape recognition? These free shape flashcards are a handy, free shape printable for learning how to make shapes, shape names, and more. This shape recognition activity is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindegarten age students. Simply print the shape activity and you are ready for a shapes for preschool project.
This hands-on shape recognition activity is a great way for teaching toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners the common shapes they see everyday. Each card has the featured shape and the name of the shape for your child to trace. I recommend building the shapes out of popsicle sticks as shown on the shape flashcard. Then flip over the card for more practice with shape recognition as children cross out the picture that is not the featured shape. This is such a quick, easy, and simple shape activity that provides fun practice. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this shapes name for kidsis super handy! Use it as extra practice, reinforcement, math centers,a nd other shapes activiteis for kindergarten.
Shape Activities for Toddlers
Print the pages in the file in color. Now holding the paper vertically (tall), fold each page in half and laminate to make two 2-sided shape cards. Cut in half. Prepare all the cards in the same method.
There is a shape card for the following 10 preschool shapes: triangle, square, hexagon, trapezoid, circle, oval, heart, rectangle, star, and rhombus.
Shapes for Preschool
First students will learn the name of the shape. THere is a cute clipart of a kid holding the featured shape and how to form the shape out of popsicle sticks. Depending on the ages of your student you can have them simply trace the shape with their finger or work on shape bulding with:
- craft sticks
- wikki sticks
Shapes name for kids
Once the’ve build the shape they can turn over the card and practice tracing the shape name with a dry erase marker
Shapes Activities for Kindergarten
The last step works on shape recognition by having students cross out the image that does NOT represent the featured shape. This handy, free printable shape flashcard has so many usese as a math center in a classroom, supplement to homeschool curriculum, school at home, summer learning, and more!
Looking for some simple, no prep free shape worksheets to make practicing learning shapes fun? You will love these shapes worksheets for kindergarten and early learners:
- These Do a Dot Printables Shape Worksheets use bingo dauber markers to make them perfect for young learners!
- Complete these super cute Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdough or laminate and trace with dry erase markers
- Complete a HUGE variety of activities with these free shape printables pack
- It doesn’t get much simpler that thes handy, FREE Shape Worksheets – pick a shape and trace the shape in different sizes along with learning the shape name too.
- Handy Tracing Shapes Worksheets for Kindergartners learning their shapes
- Christmas Cut and Paste Shape Worksheets
- Or work on shapes with these cute Gingerbread Worksheets for Preschool
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable Worksheets to use on their own or make into a shape book once you complete the pages
- Circle the shape with these Spider Worksheets Preschool that work on shape recognition
We also have free shape printables from readers to shape puzzles, shape crafts, free printable shape flashcards, and more!
- Shapes coloring pages to learn your shapes including real world objects to color, shape word to trace, and more!
- Grab these Free Printable Shape Puzzles to work on 2d and 3d shape recognition with early learners!
- Simple Mouse and Lion Strips allow kids to practice Tracing Shapes for Preschoolers
- Work on Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with this Pirate Shapes Printable Reader
- Match the flower shapes with the correct shape word with this pretty, fun and FREE Flower Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Learn Shapes while tracing, coloring, and making a fall leaf book with this Fall Kindergarten Activity
- Fun Shape Flashlight Constellations activity for kids
- Flower Shape Printable Clip Cards
- Grab these handy shape flashcards to hang on the wall or use in shape games
- Drive your hot wheels on these Road Shapes Mats to learn your preschool shapes while having FUN!
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Free printable shape activity for preschoolers with popsicle sticks, trace the shape word, and identify the shapes
- Shape Buddy Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
The following activities help kids work on grouping similar shapes together:
- Super cute, hands-on Spider Shape Sorting Mats
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity for kids
- Sort the fall leaves with this Free Printable Leaf Activities for Kindergarten
- Balloon Shape Matching Activity
- Happy Pumpkin Shape Matching Game for October
- Popsicle Shape Sorting is a fun, engaging Summer Preschool Activities
- Shape Activities for toddlers with printable cards and popsicle sticks
Kids learn best when they are having FUN! Try one of these fun shape games that are completely FREE!
- Match real world objects with their correct shapes in this super cute, fun Shape BINGO Game
- Play this Free Shape Games with a printable gameboard
- Work on shapes with this Groundhog day activities for preschoolers
- Plant a Pumpkin Patch with this fun Pumpkin Shape Matching Game
- Free Tanagram Shapes Printable
- Work on learning shapes with this free Christmas Preschool Activities
- Fish themed, free pritnable Shape Matching Game
- Head out on a Shape Scavenger Hunt with our printable shape flashcards
- Do you want to build a snowman? Build a shape Snowman activities for preschoolers
- FREE Shape Pattern Block Printables
Shape Playdough Mats
Young kids learn best by doing and getting their hands involved! These shape playdough activities are a great way to not only learn shapes, but strengthen hand muscles too!
- Super cute Monster Playdough mats for making shapes and learning shape names
- Happy Pumpkin Playdough Mats for working on forming shapes
- Trace & Erase or build with playdough Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Build a pretty spring flower while practicing making preschool shapes with these cute Flower Playdough Mats
- Make a shape carrot out of playdough in this Spring Preschool Activity
- Spring Rainbow themed 2D Shape Playdough Mats
- Build some Shape Chocolates with this free printable valentine activities for preschoolers
- Ready for some summer fun? Build some delious Ice Cream Shapes with this fun ice cream preschool activities
- Plus, don’t miss these fun shape books for kids or these free printable shape scavenger hunts
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!