Grab this pack of free printable images for fun, hands-on ocean animals activities. These sea animal activities are perfect for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids. The Montessori ocean unit has animal photo matching, color activities, starfish counting, shell alphabet practice, sea-quence, big or small, and water or land sorting.
Ocean Animals Activities
The Montessori homeschool method is an educational approach that emphasizes child-centered learning, hands-on exploration, and individualized instruction. This method is designed to help children develop a love of learning and to cultivate their natural curiosity and creativity. These principles are the center of the printable pack; Ocean Animals Montessori Activities. This printable pack has lots of educational ocean animals activities for preschoolers and kindergartners too.
Ocean Animals Activities for Preschoolers
Print out the Ocean Animals Montessori Activities :
- Ocean Photo Match: Match a small section of an image to the full image.
- Ocean Colors: Organize a gradient of colors into order.
- Starfish Counting: Identify the missing number and place the card with the missing number in the proper place.
- Shell Alphabet: Identify the missing letter and place the card with the missing letter in the proper place.
- Sea-quence: Teach different types of sequences using the ocean animal theme. Cut out the animal cards and create your own sequences.
- Big or Small: Cut out the items and have your child sort the big and small items by placing them in the proper jar.
- Water or Land: Cut out the cards and have your child determine if the animal is a land animal or water animal and place on the appropriate pile.
Sea animal activities
Each section contains a multi-sensory activity designed to engage your child. The packet covers critical thinking, counting, alphabet, sorting and comparisons.
Supplies needed: scissors
Sea animals activities for preschoolers
Tips for Using the Ocean Animals Montessori Activities:
- Laminate the items you cut out so they last longer.
- Use with multiple children but be sure to print off enough for all students.
- Create a game out of some of the activities by racing to complete the activity.
- Place items in plastic bags to bring with you to keep little hands busy during times where waiting is necessary.
Looking for more ocean activities for kids? You will love these clever, free resources and ideas:
- Huge Ocean Animals for Kids Unit (250+ pages)
- Ocean Color by Number Printable, 50 Amazing Ocean Crafts for Kids, Build an Ocean Fractions Activity
- Simple Under the Sea Coloring Pages, Pearl Color Matching Ganes, Watercolor Ocean Craft
- Breeding Guppies Fish Science Experiments, Read and Dab Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets pdf
- Ocean Animal Counting and Trace Do a Dot Printables, Alphabet Go Fish Game
- Color Matching Octopus Activity, Cute Hands & Feet Lobster Craft, Shell Letter Matching Ocean Activities for Preschoolers
- Sharks for Kids Reader, Sea Turtles for Kids Reader, Free Printable Whale Writing Prompts, All About Fish Printable Reader
- Ocean Counting Clip Cards, Cupcake Liner Octopus Craft, O is for Ocean Weekly Theme plus Ocean Theme
- Cute One Fish Two Fish Pdf, Ocean Printable Multiplication Game, Fun to play with Ocean Slime
- FREE Ocean Coloring Pages, Cut and Paste Fish Craft, Crab Contraction Ocean Activity for Kids
- Kid favorite Goldfish Printable Counting Activity, Goldfish Subtraction Games for Kindergarten
- Find the Letter Preschool Worksheets for working on letter recognition or popular Bunny Ears Template
- Free Superhero Worksheets and practice letters, numbers, and more fun with Frozen Worksheets for kids
- Tons of FREE preschool coloring pages pdf, Free dinosaur worksheets, Shape dot marker printables
- Fingerprint Activity Worksheet working on counting with pre-k and free The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables
- Farm Animals and their Babies FREE Printable Puzzles and Princess Worksheets for kids
- Free Printable Alphabet Bracelets, Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets into Mini Books (Freebie!)
- TONS of Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers and Free Alphabet Playdough Mats pdf
- Super cute Free Printable Preschool Worksheets Tracing Letters and Animal I Spy Printables pdf
- Number Bingo Dauber Worksheets, Farm Cutting Practice Worksheets, andColor Worksheets
- Plus so many more Free preschool worksheets age 3-4 and tons of preschool worksheets to choose from
- Pirate free alphabet printables, Free Shape Pattern Block Templates, and road shapes
- See all free preschool worksheets age 3-4, cute preschool worksheets, and TONS of free printable worksheets for all ages
- DIY Foam Paint for Kids, EASY Science Activities for Preschoolers, 100 ABC Games that are Outrageously FUN
- Baking Soda Slime, Squish Watermelon Sensory Bag, Printable Road Shapes Activity, Melted pony bead craft
- Glow in the Dark Fairy Jar, beautiful Color Changing FLowers Experiment, edible Marshmallow Paint
- Painting with Cars, easy color changing milk experiment worksheet, Easy-to-Make Balloon Hovercraft
- Super Cool Scribble Draw Bot, Edible Peanut Butter Playdough, Amaze Kids with this Leak Proof Bag Science
- Race Track Pool Noodle Activity, fun Tin Foil art, cool DIY Foosball Table, Lots of fantastic Books for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Planets Solar System Project, Free Printable Doctor Pretend Play, free printable ice cream name craft
- Craft with free fish template preschool, easy pasta necklace craft, DIY magic sand, fun bubble painting
- Impressive Grow a Rainbow capillary action experiment, EPIC ketchup volcano, craft stick shape activities with free templates, Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet, Grass Head Craft, Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Play and eat this marshmallow playdough, learn how to dye rice with food coloring for sensory play
- Beautiful stained glass craft pasta art, simple water cycle in a bag worksheet, unique apple craft
- vibrant washable sidwalk paint for kids, amazing homemade bubble solution, family-favorite kool aid playdough recipe
- 100 monster crafts and activities, lava lamp experiment explanation, popsicle stick candy catapult kids activity
- Plus don’t miss all our kids activities and fun preschool activities
Montessori ocean unit
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.