Make practicing contractions fun with this free printable contractions activity for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students.
- FREE Band Aid Contraction Game
- FREE Minion Contraction Words Game
- FREE Doctor Contraction Words Game
- FREE Contraction Dominoes
Crab Contraction Puzzles
Just print the free printable activity (below) on cardstock or laminate for durability.
Cut along dotted lines and put in two piiles: contraction crabs and word pinchers/arms
Students will find the two arm words that make up the contraction crab body and place them to complete the crab (see above left).
HINT: You can make them self correcting if you like by placing a color/shape sticker on the back of the crab and the corresponding arms for students to check at the end of the activity.
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See more of our 1st grade worksheets plus our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Crab Contraction Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836, EduClips, The Enlightened Elephant, MelonHeadz
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!