Make practicing digraphs fun with this super cute, free printable Digraph Bingo. This Digraph game is a fun bingo game perfect for helping elementary age students in first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade practicing learning digraphs with a fun twist! Simply print the phonics game pdf file with the and you are ready to play and learn with a digraph activity!
Turn learning digraphs into fun with this fun hands-on digraph bingo! These digraph printables includes a fun page that consists of twenty digraphs for kids! This digraph game includes the following blends: ch digraphs and sh digraphs and ph digraphs, and th digraphs, and wh digraphstoo. Kids leran best when they are having fun and this phonics game is a great way to keep kids engaged and learning! Use this phonics activity with grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Whether you are a parent, homeschooler, or classroom teachers – you will love this free literacy themed printable resource for helping kids to improve their knowledge of digraphs. Use this as a literacy activity at home, as a literacy center in the classroom, or as a fun supplement to your homeschool language arts curriculum.
Digraph bingo free
Now print off the Digraphs Bingo calling cards and mats! You can print the free bingo printables come in color with an image for each digraph. You can also laminate the pages for durability and then our child can use a dry erase marker to do cross out the words or counters to mark them. You will need to cut apart the calling cards and place them into a bag or hat for the caller to take out to play. There are also twenty different bingo cards which can be laminated for durability. There are twenty different digraphs that children will be practicing as they play this bingo – ch, sh, ph, th and wh.
This language arts game is played just like regular bingo. For this reading game, I suggest reading through the pictures together first so they can identify all the digraph clipart. Now there are a couple ways to play this game. The simplest way is to say the name of the picture you pulled out, putting emphasis on the digraph sound. Repeat the digraph. For example THermometer with the sound TH.
The caller can say the name of the digraph the picutre represents such as if they pull out cherries you would say CH. Give students a couple minutes to look through the pictures for a picture that starts with CH. In this version they can cover any of the pictures with a CH shoud. Either way you play, the first go get 4-in-a-row BINGO.
The images included are:
- digraph CH – cherries, church, chocolate, chips
- digraph SH – sheep, ship, shell, shark
- digraph PH – pharmacist, telephone, elephant, dolphin
- digraph TH – thin, thermometer, three, thorn
- digraph WH – whale, wheat, whistle, wheel
As children progress in phonics they work on blends and digraphs chart. Digraphs are two consonants that make one sound such as /TH/ says thumb (phoneme). CH in the word “chair” and PH in the word “phone” are both examples of digraphs. Consonant blends have two constonants that each still make their own sound such as . If you are looking for more blends for kids games, worksheets, and activities? Check out these resoures or see all our digraph activities or consonant activities.
- Worksheets – TH worksheets, SH worksheets, CH worksheets, Consonant clusters worksheets, and CH and TCH Worksheets
- Games – Ew Words 5-in-a-row Game, Ending Digraph Games free printable, CH / SH / TH Digraph Games, Digraph Bingo Game, Digraphs Games – several boards covering ch, sh, th, ph, and wh, Puzzles Dipthong Games, Flower Digraph Activity (pr, bl, ch, sk, gr, pl, sh, wh, ph, th), Ice Cream Digraph activity, Spring Digraph activities for kids, and Build-a-Digraph Activities free Puzzle
Trigraphs make a single sound that is represented by three letters. For example: In the word ‘match’, the three letters ‘tch’ at the end make only one sound.
- Trigraph – cut-and-paste trigraph worksheet (learn spl, str, spr words), do-a-dot trigraphs worksheets (squ, shr, scr words), hands-on thr words trigraph playdough mats, free trigraph word list pdf (color and read spl, scr, shr), EAR sound words domino game, ge and dge words boardgame, and free trigraph worksheets (color and read spr, squ, str trigraphs)
A diphthong is a sound formed by combining two vowels in a single syllable. The sound begins as one vowel sound and moves towards another. The two most common diphthongs in the English language are the letter combination “oy”/“oi”, as in “boy” or “coin”, and “ow”/ “ou”, as in “cloud” or “cow
2nd Grade Worksheets
- LOTS of Free 2nd Grade Worksheets, Grab the 2nd grade reading list or check out read alouds for 2nd grade
- Crab Contractions Activity, Bandaid Contraction Games, Minion Contraction Games, Bingo Contraction Games, Dominoes Contraction Games, and free printable contraction worksheets
- free 2nd Grade Crossword Puzzles to work on spelling words plus printable blends and digraphs charts
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game, Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets, BINGO Digraph Game, or Hamburger Homynm Puzzles, Peanut Butter & Jelly Place Value Games 2nd Grade
- EPIC Library Scavenger Hunt for learning about different genres of books, book catalog, and so much more
- Dictionary Detective Worksheets, Free Book Report template, and Pizza Book Report Templates
- Super CUTE, Free Skip Counting Charts – 1s-15s, Double Digit Addition Worksheets, Spring Double Digit Addition Game, NO PREP, Telling Time Worksheets pdf, Free Clock Mazes – Telling Time Games, Counting Coins Games – Clip Cards, and Pizza Fraction BINGO
- 2nd Grade Math Worksheets to play Mad Minute
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit, Animals and Hibernation Worksheet, and Endangered Animals Worksheet
- Zoo Field Trip Worksheets, Free Printable Animal Report Template, and Cut and Paste Animal Classification Worksheet
- 50+ Life cycle activities and free worksheets, Habitat Game for 2nd Grade, plus Color Changing Flowers Experiment
- Lots of Printables and activities to learn about Countries for Kids – we have almost 50 individual country studies for kids
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids, FREE Printable World Map for Kids
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Don’t miss all our 2nd grade worksheets and our other free printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free math worksheets, language arts worksheets, history lessons for kids, science experiments for kids, and even fun kids activities to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.