Teach digraphs for kids with these super cute, free printable digraph puzzles. This digraph activity is perfect for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students who are working on reading and spelling more complex words. This phonics activity allows students to work on ph, th, ch, gu, wh, and sh digraphs. Simply download pdf file with digraph printables to use in color or in black and white.
Digraphs for Kids
This list tells you all the digraphs and words that are included in this pack.
- TH: thin, thorn, throne, thumb, thirty and think.
- WH: whistle, whip, whale, whisk, wheel and whiskers.
- SH: sheep, shoe, shell, shower, shrimp and shoulders.
- CH: cherries, cheeks, chair, church, chips and cheese.
- QU: quail, quiet, quack, queen, queue and quick.
- PH: phone, photographer, photo, phew, pharmacy and physician.
Download this pack (below) then print the color or black and white versions onto card and cut apart. If using black and white your kids might like to color them before cutting.
Using these digraph puzzles
- Review the digraph sounds with your child. Can they say the sounds?
- Look at the pictures and say the word – what is the beginning digraph sound?
- Put the puzzle pieces together by matching the beginning sounds.
- A word list is included in the download in case you’re not sure what words are meant by each picture!
Blends and Digraphs Activities
Looking for more phonics activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Ending Blends Game
- Ending Blends Worksheets
- Consonant Blends Clip Cards
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- Consonant Cluster Spelling Mats
- Hershey Kiss Word Families
- L Blends Worksheets
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- Th Worksheets
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Spring Initial Blends Matching Game
- Short and Long Vowel Spelling Practice
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Download FREE Digraph Puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.