Contraction Dominoes is a fun, free printable contraction games to teach kids contractions quickly. This is great for 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students in classrooms, at home, or homeschool.
Make learning contractions for kids fun with a game! Simply grab our contraction games printable and you are ready to help kids practice what two words make a contraction.
In case you need a reminder, a contraction word is a word made by shortening and combining two words. Words like he’ll (he + will) and they’d (they + would) are all contractions taught in English grammar (language arts) typically in early elementary school – grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4.
Start by scrolling to the bottom of the post and click on the text link that says >> Download <<. The pdf file will open in a new window for you to save the freebie and print the pages. I suggest printing the activity below in color on cardstock. You may also want to use a laminator for durability.
You can play with just one color at a time or all at once for a big, challenging game for more players. Kids can work cooperatively to make tracks or play as a game by passing out all the dominoes and then taking turns one at a time adding a tile until one player is out.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this fun english grammar activity is a great way to achieve fluency and help kids remember contraction words with 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students.
There are almost 50 contractions for students to practice:
- we’ll – we will
- I’m – I am
- didn’t – did not
- she’s – she is
- wasn’t – was not
- isn’t – is not
- you’re – you are
- you’ve – you have
- they’re – they are
- you’ll – you will
- I’ve – I have
- he’s – he has
- don’t – do not
- I’m – I am
- won’t – will not
- haven’t – have not
- I’d – I had
- can’t – can not
- we’ll – we will
- he’s – he is
- it’s – it is
- could’ve – could have
- hasn’t – has not
- aren’t – are not
- and 25 more!
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Words Game
- Doctor Contraction Words Game
- Contraction Dominoes
- You may also want learn dictionary skills with Dictionary Detectives
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
More Language Arts Activities for Kids
- Building Sentences Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- Creative Writing Prompts (various)
- Dictionary Detectives
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Families
- Ice Cream Word Endings
- Marshmallow Incident’s Nouns and Verbs Sort
- Minion Contractions for Kids
- My Spelling Dictionary
- Parts of Speech Game – BINGO
- Reading Logs
- S’more Sentence Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Game
- Sentences for Kids Pizza Parlor
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE 4th grade worksheets, pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download FREE Contraction Dominoes Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!