Confused by Contractions? This super cute, free Band-Aid contraction games printable is a fun, hands-on contraction activity to help kids understand how contractions up of two different words. This contraction game is perfect for 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students.
It can be difficult for kids to grasp contractions. But I’ve found that turning things into fun, educational activities where kids are engaged not only makes learning fun, but helps children retain what they’ve learned better. This contraction game is a great way for students in grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 to grasp how contractions are formed and practice making common contractions.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love that this activity makes great extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your English Grammar curriculum or homeschool spelling curriculum.
Contraction Games Printable
There are 26 contraction words for kids in 2nd-5th grade to practice.
Contractions Games Printable
For this contraction printable activity you will need to:
- print 13 copies of page number one, cut in half, and staple into a Prescription Pad.
- cut out the strips of words in the boxes
- Cut out the cute apostrophe band aids (or use real band-aids)
Children will take a strip of two words and use their scissors to combine the “symptom words” and paste together using an apostrophe band aid to make a “contraction diagnosis”.
This is such a fun, hands on activity to help kids grasp how contractions are formed and gain familiarity with common contractions.
Free contraction games
This free contraction game for kids contains the following words:
- can’t = can not
- aren’t = are not
- hasn’t = has not
- didn’t – did not
- I’m = I am
- you’re = you are
- he’s = he is
- I’ve = I have
- that’s = that is
- haven’t – have not
- I’ll = I will
- how’s = how is
- won’t = would not
- it’s = it is
- let’s = let us
- you’ll = you will
- wouldn’t = would not
- we’ll = we will
- they’re = they are
- she’s = she is
- we’re = we are
- don’t = do not
- isn’t = is not
- weren’t = were not
- shouldn’t = should not
- couldn’t = could not
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Words Game
- Doctor Contraction Words Game
- Contraction Dominoes
- You may also want learn dictionary skills with Dictionary Detectives
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
Language Arts Activities for Kids
- Building Sentences Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- Creative Writing Prompts (various)
- Dictionary Detectives
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Families
- Ice Cream Word Endings
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun – Verb Sort
- Minion Contractions
- My Spelling Dictionary
- Parts of Speech BINGO
- Reading Logs
- S’more Sentence Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Game
- Sentence Pizza Parlor
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE 4th grade worksheets, pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download FREE Band-Aid Contraction Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!