The days may be getting longer and the temperatures outside may be on the rise, but the fact that Summer is just around the corner doesn’t mean that all learning has to stop! This simple matching letter game is a great way to work a little letter recognition into your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten child’s day while still having fun with summer activities for kindergarten. Children will insert the shoverl into the sand pail for this free printable, matching upper and lowercase letters activity. Simply download pdf file with alphabet matching and you are ready to play and learn with this beach theme or summer theme activity.
Matching letter game
When it comes to Summer, one of the first things I think of is the beach; listening to the waves, smelling the sea, and playing in the sand. I mean, it just wouldn’t be a day at the beach without a sand castle or two! Now, obviously I can’t give you a beach vacation, but I can give you a fun beach themed fine motor activity that your child will love and that’s pretty much the next best thing, right? With this fine motor, Summer ABC Game, your preschoolers and kindergartners will practice recognizing all 26 letters of the alphabet in both upper and lowercase forms and matching the pairs together.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this clever matching letter game. It is such a memorable and clever summer alphabet game that works on matching upper and lowercase letters! SO instead of a summer worksheets for kindergarten or summer worksheets for preschool – us this summer alphabet activity!
Summer alphabet game
- Download, print, and cut out the printable pieces (below).
- Laminate each of the pails for durability and to ensure that they’re not easily ripped while your child is using them.
- Grab some wooden craft sticks (you’ll need 26 if you plan to work on all of the letters at once) and either glue or tape the shovel handles onto one end of the wooden sticks.
- After you have all of the pails cut out, use a small hobby blade or X-Acto knife to cut a small slit in the top, sandy section of each pail.
Summer activities for kindergarten
- Separate the uppercase alphabet pails from the lowercase letter “shovels” and have your child work their way through them.
- For each uppercase letter pail they choose, have them find the matching lowercase letter “shovel” and, using their fine motor skills, insert each of their “shovels” through the slit in the corresponding pail.
Matching upper and lowercase letters
This is such a clever and fun alphabet activity for summer. Kids will love the hands-on aspect of this cute matching upper and lowercase letters activity!
Castle Activities for Kids
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Sandcastle Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Hands-on Sandcastle Colour Matching Activities
- Sandcastle Letter tracing Activity
- Summer Sandcastle Count and Trace Numbers 1-10 Printable Activity
- Sandcastle Number Playdough Mats to count and trace
- Summer STEAM – Sandcastle engineering with tp rolls
- Ice Cream Sandcastle Summer Snack Idea
- Sand Bucket & Shovel Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Epic Sand Beach Slime Recipe
- Free Beach Worksheets for Preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1
- Beach I Spy Games
- HUGE pack of Castle Worksheets to practice a variety of skills with preschool, kindergarten, and grade 1
- Castles for Kids – Hands on history lesson
Summer worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, summer theme educational activities for prek and kinders? Check out these free summer printables!
- Summer Letter Matching Alphabet Puzzles
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Garden Kindergarten sight Word Activities
- Pail and Shovel Matching Letter Game for Summer
- I Spy Pirate Game
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets
- Seed FInd the Letter Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Summer Lego Challenge
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game
- Playdough Counting Mat Activity with Watermelon Seed Printable
- Summertime Dot Art Printables
- Free Printable Beach Worksheets
- Cute Flip Flip Letter Matching
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
Summer Worksheets for Kids
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Smore complete sentence game
- Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Work on writing with these June Writing Prompts
- Convenient Summer Writing Prompts with ruled lines and pictures to color
- Pool Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- HUGE pack of Garden Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Number Recognition Coloring Worksheets
- Cute Watermelon Seed Counting Worksheet
- Skip Counting Summer Worksheets
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Summer Activity Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
- Firefly Math Printable Counting Game
- Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sight Word Mazes – Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets
- Pool Count and Trace Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Letter Tracing Summer Activities for Kindergarten
In between reading a good book, sneak in some epic fun with these summer activities for kids of all ages:
- 107 Fun Summer Activities
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Water Balls Summer Activity
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- June Activity Calendar
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- How to Make Chalk for Summer FUN
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
Download Summer ABC Alphabet Matching
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.