This is such a fun ABC Games to help preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders practice matching uppercase and lowercase letters as well as initial sounds. This beginning sounds activity is a free alphabet printables perfect for adding some phonics fun to any day! Simply print pdf file with initial sounds interactive games and you are ready to play and learn!
Beginning sounds activity
This beginning sounds activity is a free printable activity that allows children to match uppercase and lowercase letters, match beginning letter sounds to their letter, and read some common words. The ability to differentiate makes this activity useful for children just starting to learn the alphabet up to kids who are able to blend letters together to sound out words. This beginning sound activities for kindergarten is a great phonics game for preschoolers, kindergarteners and grade 1 students!
Beginning sound activities for kindergarten
Beginning letter sounds
Initial sounds interactive games
To play this sounds game with your prek, kindegartner, and grade 1 student there are several options. All of these literacy activities are great for extra practice, literacy centers, summer learning, and getting ready for kindergarten!
- SIMPLER: Just use the lowercase letter pegs and ask children to attach the pegs to the matching uppercase letters on the alphabet mat.
- MODERATE: Use the picture cards. Ask children the names of the animals (they may need help with this) and to focus on the first letter sound. When they say the word can they hear the first sound and say what letter it is? Can they find the matching letter on the alphabet mat?
- ADVANCED: Use both picture and letter sets and attempt to read the words under each letter with prompting from the picture. Can they sound out the words to check that they really do match the pictures?
- SUPER ADVANCED: use only the letter cards and attempt to read the words as they are clipped to the matching beginning sound on the alphabet mat.
Beginning Sounds Printable
Looking for more fun and free begining sounds printables? You will love these engaging activities that help kids work on phonemic awareness
- Free Beginning Sounds Animal Clip It Cards
- free printable beginning sounds worksheets
- Printable Beginning Sounds Transportation Clip It Cards
- Stamping Beginning Sounds Activity
- Fun Beginning Sounds Picture Sorts
- Beginning Sounds Mitten Match
- Alphabet Spinners with Beginning Sounds
- CVC Words Beginning Sounds Clip Cards
- Christmas Tree Beginning Sounds Game
- Super cute, Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
Letter Matching Games
Looking for more fun and FREE letter recognition games? Check these out:
- Gumball Alphabet Matching Game
- Leaf Alphabet Matching Game
- Summer Matching Letter Game
- Ice Cream Alphabet Printable Matching Puzzles
- Seashell Alphabet Letters Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Swimming Goggles Alphabet Puzzles Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Sandcastle Letter Matching Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Flip Flop Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Letter Matching Spring Activity for Preschoolers
- Hop It Alphabet Matching Game Printable
- Clip It Alphabet Matching Game
- Paper Plate Letter Recognition Activity
- Alphabet Go Fish Printable Game
- Free Printable Alphabet Letters upper and lower case puzzles
- Nuts About the Alphabet – Letter Matching Game
- Alphabet Soup Letter Recognition Activity
- Apple Free Alphabet Strip pdf
- Grass Alphabet Puzzles – Letter Matching Activity
- Flower Letter Recognition Games Printable
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles for First Day of School Activity
- Hamburger Alphabet Puzzles – Free alphabet printables
- Spring Shower Alphabet Matching Game
- Polar Bear Printable Alpahbet Matching Game
- Bunny Letter Matching Puzzles
- Tools Matching Upper and Lowercase Letters
Letter Recognition Printables
If you prefer no prep, letter recognition worksheets – try these free resources:
- Super cute Letter Recognition Worksheets from A to Z
- Free ABC Letter Find Printable
- Gumball I Spy Alphabet Worksheets
- Printable Letter Identification Cards
- Sports Themed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Robot Letter Recognition Printables
- Letter FInd Pumpkin Printables
- Apple Find the Letter Tracing Worksheets
- Bug Letter Find Worksheets
- Cinderella Color by Letter Disney Princess Worksheets
- Snow Globe Letter Find Winter Worksheets
- Christmas Worksheets Tree Letter Find
- Spring Find the Letter Worksheets
- Dinosaur Alphabet Printables – Find the Letter
- Fish Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Letter Recognition Worksheets to use with bingo daubers
- Letter Recognition Worksheets for Fall sticker activity
- Star Wars Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Letter Find Worksheets
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 1 worksheets and first grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years! Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, free printable worksheets for kindergarten and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Alphabet Letter Beginning Sounds Match
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.