Mastering the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet is a skill that all preschoolers and kindergarteners work towards. With fun, printable activities like our Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles, there is no need to take a break from learning over the summer months!
One thing that my kids love about summer break is ice cream! We have a couple of favorite ice cream spots around us that we could visit every single day. Real ice cream (none of that frozen yogurt stuff!) and sprinkles in a cone is always my order. I think this is why I am in love with our Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles. The cute ice cream friends are so inviting and the sprinkles are my favorite part! Practice letter recognition while building the perfect ice cream treat.
Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles
The Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles include 26 uppercase ice cream cones and 26 lowercase ice cream cones.
Print the set of puzzles that work with your learner’s skill level. You can also choose to print both sets and mix-and-match the uppercase and lowercase letters during play.
LOW PREP! Cut the alphabet puzzles apart on the gray dotted lines. Then go back and cut the ice cream cones in half along the black dotted line. I find using scissors to cut the ice cream cones in half work best.
Once all of the Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles are cut and prepped, it’s time to make some ice cream!
How to Play
Matching up the ice cream cones correctly may take a lot of time for beginning learners. Start with a smaller number of letters to limit overwhelming little ones. It can be fun to put out the letters in your child’s name first and then add more letters in as you go.
The object of the Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles is to match the letter on the scoop of ice cream to the correct letter on the ice cream cone.
With 2 sets of ice cream puzzles, there are different ways to play and learn. You can match uppercase ice cream scoops to uppercase ice cream cones. You can match lowercase ice cream scoops to lowercase ice cream cones.
You can also match uppercase scoops to lowercase cones or lowercase scoops to uppercase cones. We had fun matching both uppercase and lowercase scoops to one of the cones.
Whichever way you play, lots of letter recognition learning is going on!
Ice Cream Printables
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play Doh Ice Cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free printable Ice Cream Alphabet
- Delicious Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Plus check out these Ice Cream Alpabet Playdough Mats
- Practice adding to to with these cute Ice Cream Make 10 Game
- Cute, Hands-on Ice Cream Number Bonds Practice
- Printable Digraph Activity scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Cute Ice Cream I Spy Worksheet
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Fun Ice Cream themed Shape Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
Download Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.