Practice addition to make 10 with these super cute, free printable ice cream printables clip cards. These making 10 activities allow preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to practice adding to make 10 while having fun with a summer printable for your ice cream theme. This activity includes making 10 games printable and make 10 worksheets for a hands-on math activity for kindergartners and preschoolers.
Making 10 activities
These fun hands-on math clip cards will be a huge hit with early learners as they start to grasp what they need to add on to make ten. Children learning to count and add their numbers will definitely benefit from this addition within 10. This making ten worksheet contains fun Ice Cream Activities perfect for sneaking in some summer learning and summer math with kids. They will use their reasoning to figure out how many more scoops they will need to make ten.
Make 10 worksheets
Make 10 math game
I like to prepare the kids before they begin clipping and counting with their cards. We play a quick addition game where I ask and show the numbers on my hands: “How many more do I need to make ten if I have 2?” and I show them the number two on my fingers.
They will then tell me how many they think I will need and so on. We do this until I feel like everyone in the class understood the concept to play with their cards.
Making ten worksheet
- Download the activity cards below
- Print in COLOR or BLACK & WHITE (use card stock or laminate the pages)
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Prepare some pegs for clipping and dough for their ice cream scoops.
- Students will be working on their cards in a group. They take one card and count the scoops on that card.
- They then count on to figure out how many more scoops they need to make a total of ten scoops.
- Once they figure out that number, they clip the correct number.
- Then then make ice cream scoops on the cards to show how many more scoops they need.
- I usually check their work as I go around the class.
- This fun activity can be repeated for practice!
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play doh ice cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet Ice Cream Printables
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream Printables Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Practice adding to to with these cute Make 10 Ice Cream Math
- Cute, Hands-on Number Bonds Ice Cream Activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
Ice Cream Theme
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Kindergarten Activity
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings activities
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
Ice Cream Printables
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Cute I Spy ice cream games for kids
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream pattern activity for preschoolers
- Hands-on Ice Cream Shapes Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Summer alphabet activities making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Division Ice Cream Math with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Math
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Kindergarten
- Work on Number Sense with these cute Counting Popsicles Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
Making 10 games printable
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.