Make practicing completing patterns in early math with this fun, ice cream themed patterns activity. This fun pattern activities is perfect for summer learning, ice cream theme, or anytime you want to sneak in a delicious math activity for kids. These are an engaging pattern activities for kindergarten, toddler, preschool, pre-k, and first grade is perfect for summer learning or an ice cream theme. Students will use the ice cream printables to complete the patterns and scoop up the ice cream cone. Simply print pdf file with patterns printable and you are ready to play and learn.
Patterns are important for children to learn. This is a skill that will lead them to other crucial skills. Patterns will help children with prediction skills as they begin to process the ‘what comes next’ concept. Pattern activities also help children with logical thinking and reasoning skills. Since patterns can be found everywhere in our lives, this is a very important skill for children to learn. This Ice Cream Cone Pattern activity for kids will be the highlight of your children’s summer activities! Use this pattern activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Ice cream pattern printable
Fun pattern activities
This activity starts with Ice Cream Cone pattern cards. These help with patterns including 2 – 7 points. We explore the AB, ABC, and ABAB patterns.
- Clothes Pins
- A Paint Stick
- Markers (optional)
- Our Printable Set
Ice cream scoop pattern
Our set comes with the pattern cards, an ice cream cone that can be cut out as well as mini ice cream scoops.
You can use the mini ice cream scoops or markers for this. We’ll explore this more later.
Start with your printable cone and the paint stick. Paint sticks can be found at most hardware stores and are typically free!
Ice cream scoop activity
We cut out the cone and glued it onto the paint stick. We left space for little hands to hold the stick under the cone and enough space for the clothes pins on the top.
For the clothes pins, you can either use the mini ice cream scoops or a marker. The significance of this is that this is how children will create the patterns. They will use the color on the pattern card and match it to the color on the clothes pin and put it in place.
You can cut out and glue on the mini scoops or put a dot with a marker. We did both. You could also use a hot glue gun to affix a pom pom to the clothespin.
Pattern activities for preschoolers
Once the activity is prepped, lay everything out for your kids.
We started with the 2 scoops and went up from there. Holding the paint stick cone, we searched through the clothes pins to find the ones needed to make the pattern. Then stick the clothes pin onto the side of the paint stick to create the pattern.
Not only is this helping children with patterns, but picking up and attaching the clothes pins onto the paint stick is helping children strengthen the fine motor muscles that are needed for future skills.
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- Kids will go nuts over this edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids
- AMAZING, Edible ice cream play doh recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- Fun and EASY How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- EPIC Ice Cream Volcano
- Cute I Spy I spy ice cream
- Ice Cream Handprint Craft for toddler and preschool kids
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft with free printable template
- Simple, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Ice Cream Printables
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream alphabet printable Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Free printable Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters nad beginning sounds too
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this fun letter tracing
- Match the upper and lowercase letter puzzles in this free ice cream game
- Kids will love building their ABCs with these popsicle stick letters free template
- Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets and activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets
- Popsicle Rhyme and Dab Summer Literacy Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
Ice Cream Worksheets
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Worksheets
- Count to 10 free printable ice cream counting printable math craft
- Popsicle counting – free printable number sense puzzles
- Number Popsicles – count to 10 clip cards are a fun
- Scoop pom-pom ice cream and count 1-10 with this ice cream counting printable
- Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool – count and trace to ten
- Count to 20 as you build with your free printable ice cream sundae template
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN ice cream pattern printable and activity for kids
- Hands-on Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Free Printable Ice Cream Playdough Mats to learn shapes
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
Ice Cream Math
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Practice adding to 1o with this cute Make 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity
- Popsicle Division Puzzles with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Ice Cream for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Free Printable Place Value Ice Cream Cone
Ice cream patterns worksheet
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply