Kids will love this fun using the free ice cream printable for this Ice Cream Themed Compound Words Activity. This fun summer themed literacy activity shas kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students add ice cream scoop words to create the compound word pictured on the ice cream cone. This is such a fun by Simply print pdf file with compound words exercises and you are ready to play and learn!
Compound Words Activity
Early elementary age children tend to prefer a hands-on compound words activity than a compound words worksheet. So we’ve created this fun compound words activities to help kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students practic building compoundwords. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this ice cream themed compound words printable activity which helps students strengthen their fine motor skill while working on their literacy skill. Use this compound words game for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning, an ice cream or literacy activity or as part of an extra activity for those who finish their other work early.
Compound words exercises
At the bottom of the post you will find the pdf file. Print off all the pages. There are three compound words per page, with a total of twenty-seven different compound words such as backpack, strawberry, cupcake, dragonfly, footprint, toothbrush, snowman, hot dog, ladybug and starfish.
Ice cream compound word
To get this ready for your compound words game simply cut out each of the colored ice creams and the cones. Laminate for durability. Place all the ice cream parts in a pile and the cones in a separate pile.
When you are ready to play the Children will chose a cone from the pile and look at the picture on the cone.
- They will then go through the ice cream pile and find the two parts of the compound word.
- To extend learning, children can then practice writing the compound words down on paper.
Though this activity comes in color only, it is a great way for children to learn compound words and strengthen their fine motor skills.
Compound words ice cream
The following are the compound words included in this compound words actiities:
- backpack – back and pack
- bandaid – band and aid
- baseball – base and ball
- basketball – basket and ball
- butterfly – butter and fly
- cookbook cook and book
- cupcake – cup and cake
- dragonfly – dragon and fly
- footprint – foot and print
- groundhog – ground and hog
- hotdog – hot and dog
- ladybug – lady and bug
- mushroom – mush and room
- peanut – pea and nut
- pineapple – pine and apple
- rainbow – rain and bot
- sandcastle – sand and castle
- snowflake – snow and flake
- snowglobe – snow and globe
- snowman – snow and man
- starfish – star and fish
- sunglasses – sun and glasses
- superhero – super and hero
- toothbrush – tooth and brush
- toothpaste – tooth and paste
- strawberry – straw and berry
- watermelon – water and melon
Compound Word Activities
For more practice learning compound words for kids, try these fun compound word ideas for early learners!
- Learning Compound Words with Block – a fun compound words activities
- Compound Word Puzzles – print the free set in color or black and white (self-checking)
- Apple Compound Words for kids Worksheets
- Clip it Free Compound Word Cards
- 5 Free Compound Word Activities – including picture cards, worksheets, puzzles, and more!
- Compound Words Mini Pack
- Building Compound Words
- Rocket Rhyming Activity
- Winter Compound Word Activities – free printable set includes compound word worksheets and snowflake puzzles
- Free printable Compound Words for Kids printable readers
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- Kids will go nuts over this edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids
- AMAZING, Edible ice cream play doh recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- Fun and EASY How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- EPIC Ice Cream Volcano
- Cute I Spy I spy ice cream
- Ice Cream Handprint Craft for toddler and preschool kids
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft with free printable template
- Simple, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Ice Cream Printables
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream alphabet printable Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Free printable Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters nad beginning sounds too
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this fun letter tracing
- Match the upper and lowercase letter puzzles in this free ice cream game
- Kids will love building their ABCs with these popsicle stick letters free template
- Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets and activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets
- Popsicle Rhyme and Dab Summer Literacy Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
Ice Cream Worksheets
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Worksheets
- Count to 10 free printable ice cream counting printable math craft
- Popsicle counting – free printable number sense puzzles
- Number Popsicles – count to 10 clip cards are a fun
- Scoop pom-pom ice cream and count 1-10 with this ice cream counting printable
- Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool – count and trace to ten
- Count to 20 as you build with your free printable ice cream sundae template
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN ice cream pattern printable and activity for kids
- Hands-on Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Free Printable Ice Cream Playdough Mats to learn shapes
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
Ice Cream Math
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Practice adding to 1o with this cute Make 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity
- Popsicle Division Puzzles with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Ice Cream for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Free Printable Place Value Ice Cream Cone
Summer compound words
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you soo much , I know my kids will enjoy this while learning compound words
Thank you for making these worksheets! They make homeschooling so much more fun and a lot eaasier!