Kids are going to love practicing sentences, reading comprehension, sight words, and more with this fun farm themed Create-Your-Own Reader. This activity is suitable for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade students.
I am so excited to share my new Create-Your-Own Reader Series!
The first one is perfect for summer – Yummy Ice Cream!
Kids in Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade will color and cut & paste to add text to these books. This will give them some fantastic practice building sentences. The reader is made up mostly of Pre-Primer, Primer, and 1st grade sight words. There is also a page of reading comprehension questions.
Ice Cream Emergent Reader
My 1st grader was having trouble putting words together into a sentence so I have been creating various free printables to help kids learn about sentences. This Create-Your-Own Reader just may be my favorite!
Complete directions are included in the free printable, but basically you are going to print front and back to make a black and white, empty Farm Reader.
Your child will:
- Color the book
- Cut out the word strips and paste them onto the appropriate page to make sentences
- Read the book (because now it has words)
- Optional: Answer the questions on the Reading Comprehension Worksheet included.
More Reading Resources
- Super Hero Readers (Toddler – 2nd grade)
- Princess Readers (Toddler – 2nd grade)
- Reading the Easy Way
- Making Sense of Reading Levels (and what books to pick for kids of every reading level!)
Download Yummy Ice Cream Reader
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!