Low prep, apple themed alphabet identification strips are a fun literacy activity for September! Simply download the pdf file, print, and you are ready to help kids work on letter recognition with ah ands on activity for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and 1st grade students. In addition to practicing identifying uppercase and lowercase letters, children will be practicing their fine motor skills with these fun activity strips!
This fun, printable apple activity is a low prep educational activity for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. The engaging apple theme will keep kids attention with the cute apple clipart as they work on letter matching. Use this apple literacy activities for preschool to continue working on learning abcs and alphabet identification. You will love that this abc printable is low prep and FREE! Simply download and print the apple alphabet strips and you are ready for some fun fall learning with kids!
Free Printable Alphabet Strip
These Alphabet Apple Clipping Strips are so much fun, the kids will love them! They will not even recognize that they are identifying their upper and lowercase letters by doing this activity. Kids love anything apple themed and I’m sure keeping them busy with pegs and clippers will get them even more excited about their alphabet!
I suggest printing on cardstock and/or laminating to make them more durable. Next, cut out the strips using scissors. You can store them in a plastic sleeve, ziplock bag, or file folder for easy use in your fall literacy center. Set out with pegs or clothespins and you are ready for a fun September themed literacy activity!
Apple Activities for Preschool
Before we get started, I like refreshing our alphabet knowledge by reciting the alphabet with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. This is especially beneficial for ESL / ELL kids.
Then students are ready for a fun, hands on, apple activity for kindergarten. This is such a fun educational activity for back to school, first day of school, fall, and September apple themes!
This apple educational activities is a fun way to work on visual discrimination and letter recognition with children as they are working on learning their ABCs, both upper and lowercase letters.
Get each student to pick one strip and then read out the letter shown on the apple tree. Then try to find the matching letters on the apples. They read each letter as they prepare to clip the boxes. Once they identify that it is the same letter showing on the tree, they then clip the boxes. If you are a teacher using this activity in your classroom in a literacy center where kids work independently, I would make it self checking. Simply put a star or circle sticker on the back where your students pegs should be .
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Apple Math Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Prek Worksheets
- Apple Number Bonds Activities
- Free Alphabet Desk Cart (apple theme and more)
- Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Letter A
- Apple ABC Game
- Apple Seed Counting Activity – Count to 20
- I Spy Preschool – Apples
- Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheet with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Number Bond to 10 Practical Activities
- Counting Apples Worksheet
- Apple Basket Multiplication Game
- Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Apple Count to 20 Home Punching Apple Munching Activity
- Apple Alphabet Activity – Letter Recognition Game
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Alphabet Apple Lacing Craft
- Printable Apple Compound Words for Kids
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Apple Find the letter and Tracing Worksheets
- Fun Apple Experiment Worksheet
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds
- Verbs for Apples
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Handprint Apple Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Apple Core Craft
- Apple Bubble Wrap Art Projects
- ABC Apple Lacing Craft
- Coffee Filter and Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Easy Apple Pie Playdough that smells like fall!
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts for Preschoolers
Free Printable Alphabet Letter Strips
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.