Help Kindergarten and 1st graders understand and practice addition with this fall, apple themed number bonds math activity.
More Resources You’ll LOVE
- 100+ FREE 1st Grade Worksheets, Games, and more!
- Flower Number Bonds
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read Themselves
- Favorite 1st Grade Read Aloud Picture Books
- 17+ 1st Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books you won’t want to miss!
- Skip Counting Puzzles
- 2000+ page of free math worksheets
We are always trying to make math fun! If kids have fun, they are more likely to keep at it and succeed. So to help my 1st grader practice number bonds (adding numbers from 1-10) I created this free printable number bonds activity
This activity is better than a math worksheets because it allows kids to manipulate and make number bonds a fun hands on activity.
Number Bonds to 10
Just print pages on cardstock (for durability) and cut out the apples (1-10) and the leaves (2 of each number). This is such a great number bonds to 10 practice for kindergarten math and first grade math.
Kindergarten Math Games
To play, have children pick an apple. They will need to find two leaves that together make up the whole. Kids can count the dots on the leaves or on the apple if they need a little extra help.
Now have the kids try to make a number bond using different number leaves. As we completed the activity we “said the equation” as:
- a number bond equation
- a traditional equation __ + ___ = ___
- a word problem (if on leaf has ___ dots and the other leaf has __ dot, there are ____ dots altogether)
Download FREE Apple Number Bonds
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from ClipArtopia
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!