Number line activities are essential to develop number sense and prepare a child for more intricate mathematical activities. Here are more than twenty FUN number line activities your kids will love!
FREE Kindergarten / First Grade Math Games
- Addition Mini Book (Adding 0-12)
- Apple Number Bonds Activity
- Candy Corn Number Puzzles
- Christmas Solve & Stamp (Addition & Subtraction)
- Deck of Cards: Subtraction
- Doggy Addition File Folder Game
- Even/Odd Snowball Games
- Grocery Task Cards Money Practice
- Gumball Math: Addition & Subtraction
- Hungry Caterpillars Money Games
- Ice Cream Place Value Activity
- Kindergarten Number Practice 1-20
- Mazes: Skip Counting by 2s-10s
- Money Mini Book
- Skip Counting Posters (2s-10s)
- Telling Time Puzzles
- Tic-Tac-Toe Math Game
Fun Number Line Activities
A game of number line smash with paper bags looks like a super fun activity too.
Use loose parts to make a number line or let a toy grasshopper jump the numbers!
Games are a great way to practice some skills, like this dice game or pumpkin number line game. Or get the whole family involved with a hilarious number line game for the whole family.
This number line slider bag idea is close to genius! A frugal, but effective way to use a slider bag with counting AND it is reusable too!
Add some craft sticks to a toilet paper roll number line for practicing counting for little ones.
This butterflies and flowers activity looks like a fun game and have the kids participate in a human number line as a hands(or rather body) on way to practice numbers!
This story about the naughty numbers are fantastic to explain where numbers go in a line and which way it faces.
Have fun with all these number line activities!