Help children improve number sense with these super cute, engaging, and o so FUN Number line activities for preschool pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. You will use Lego to make an interactive number line, plant a number line garden, get gross motor skills involved in making an outdoor number line, and so many more fun number lines for you to make as you practice math!
Number Line Activities
Helping kids learn how to count in order, going back and forth as children add and subtract, can be a confusing concept or a the lightbulb they need to understand addition and subtraction. Number Lines are a great tool in developing number sense which will help prepare your child for more intricate math like positive and negative numbers. These engaging and interactive number line activities are a great hands on activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to have fun counting forward and backward.
Number line activities for kindergarten
Number Line Games
A game of number line smash with paper bags looks like a super fun activity too.
Use loose parts to make a number line or let a toy grasshopper jump the numbers!
Games are a great way to practice some skills, like this dice game or pumpkin number line game. Or get the whole family involved with a hilarious number line game for the whole family.
This number line slider bag idea is close to genius! A frugal, but effective way to use a slider bag with counting AND it is reusable too!
Number line activity
Add some craft sticks to a toilet paper roll number line for practicing counting for little ones.
This butterflies and flowers activity looks like a fun game and have the kids participate in a human number line as a hands(or rather body) on way to practice numbers!
This story about the naughty numbers are fantastic to explain where numbers go in a line and which way it faces.
Zoo Animals Printable Number Sense Activity
Have fun with all these number line activities!
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- 100 Epic Addition Activities
- Watermelon Addition Within 10 activity
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Printable Number Bonds Games
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
- Fluency within 5 Game