Make practicing numbers, letters, counting, and literacy FUN with these ocean worksheets. These free printable ocean worksheets for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students are perfect for exploring the amazing creatures that live under the sea while learning a variety of skills. Simply print the ocean printables and you are ready for your upcoming ocean theme with lots of no-prep ocean activities.
Dive into over 50 pages of ocean worksheets filled with math and literacy skills for your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. These preschool ocean theme printables are perfect for children who are fascinated by aquatic animals or adding to an ocean lesson. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the variety of skills reviewed with these free printable ocean worksheets.
These ocean printables are filled with super cute clipart of octopus, whales, dolphins, sharks, sand dollars, hermit crabs, fish, clams, lobsters, seahorses, coral, eel, jellyfish, manatee, squid, and more! With so many happy animals and fun, educational activities – kids will be excited to practice math and literacy skills.
Ocean Worksheets for Preschool
There are lots of different activities in this massive pack of free printable ocean worksheets for preschoolers to learn reading, writing and math skills as well as for reviewing these same skills. There are also some free ocean printables activities in which they can work on their fine motor skills as well. Just pick the activities that work best for your child.
- Tracing – Trace the Lines to work on pre writing skills and strengthening hand muscles (how cute are the yellow puffer fish!)
- Ocean Mazes – Follow the Paths are a fun way for kids to practice staying in the lines while improving coordination.
- Shadow Matching Cards –Match the picture with its shadow; great for early reasoning and working on observation skills
- Match the Pictures –Draw a line to match the pictures of the turtle with the other turtle, dolphin with the dolphin, jellyfish to the other jellyfish, lobster pairs, and seashell with the other yellow mollusk
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa (fun math activity for preschoolers)
Cross the Odd one Out – Cross out the object that is different.
Cut and Paste the Pattern – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
Ocean Worksheets for Kindergarten
In addition to the ocean preschool worksheets we have pages for older students to learn too! Keep scrolling througg the ocean worksheets pdf for lots of different options for early learners!
- Trace the Letters of the Alphabet –Trace the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- Trace the Words – Learn new ocean vocabulary for kids and improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Find the Letters – Shade in the squares or use a dot marker or bingo marker to dot out all of the correct letters in this ocean themed letter find
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Alphabet Puzzle Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones.
Let’s Graph – Print out the pictures on white cardstock and then cut them out. Place them face down on a table and pick up one and graph.
Match the Shapes –Draw a line to match the shapes.
Preschool Ocean Theme Printables
Whether you are looking for under the sea worksheets preschool to practice math, literacy, ocean add-on, or just early skills – you will love all these choices with super cute ocean clipart.
- Trace the Numbers –Trace the numbers from one to fifty.
- More or Less – Read the instructions and write the correct numbers.
- Count the ocean animals and trace the number words.
- Write the Shapes – Trace shapes and learn shape names.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together (great for practicing skip counting)
- I Spy – Count the Objects
- Counting Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Match the Picture to the Word – Draw a line to match the picture to the word.
- Alphabetical Order – Cut and paste in alphabetical order.
Ocean Worksheets for Kids
Pick your favorite ocean printable sheets to print and get ready for a fun ocean themed day! These would be perfect for World Oceans Day on June 8th or World Aquatic Animal Day on April 3rd.
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompomor candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Nouns or Verbs – Write the nouns and verbs in the correct columns.
- Make a Word – Make as many words as you can from the words at the top of the page.
- Tell the Time – Shade in the correct time as shown on the clock.
- Let’s Add – Complete the addition equations.
- I Can Subtract – Complete the subtraction equations.
Ocean Activities for Kids
Looking for more ocean activities for kids? You will love these clever, free resources and ideas:
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- 50 Amazing Ocean Crafts for Kids
- Build an Ocean Scene with this fun Fractions Activity
- Simple Under the Sea Coloring Pages
- Pearl Color Matching Ganes
- Try this Watercolor and Crayon Ocean Craft
- Breeding Guppies – an outrageously FUN Fish Science Experiments
- Read and Dab Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets pdf
- Ocean Animal Counting and Trace Do a Dot Printables
- Alphabet Go Fish Game
- Color Matching Octopus Activity for kids
- Cute Hands & Feet Lobster Craft
- Shell Letter Matching Ocean Activities for Preschoolers
- Sharks for Kids Reader
- Sea Turtles for Kids Reader
- Free Printable Whale Writing Prompts
- All About Fish Printable Reader
- Ocean Counting Clip Cards
- Cupcake Liner Octopus Craft
- O is for Ocean Weekly Theme for Prek / K
- Tons of ideas for a weeks worth of fun learning with an Ocean Theme
- Cute One Fish Two Fish Pdf
- Ocean Printable Multiplication Game
- Fun to play with Ocean Slime
- FREE Ocean Coloring Pages
- Cut and Paste Fish Craft
- Printable Crab Contraction Ocean Activity for Kids
- Kid favorite Goldfish Printable Counting Activity
- Goldfish Subtraction Games for Kindergarten
- Sand Volcano – EASY Summer Science Experiment for Kids
- Disolving Seashell Activities – a Summer Science Experiment
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- Crack the Code Worksheets with ocean themed pages
- Under the Sea Lego Challenge Printables
- 50+ pages of Ocean Worksheets for practicing math and litearcy with pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Sandcastle Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Hands-on Sandcastle Colour Matching Activities
- Sandcastle Letter tracing Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Count and Trace Numbers 1-10 Sandcastle Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Sandcastle Number Playdough Mats to count and trace
- Summer STEAM – Sandcastle engineering with tp rolls
- Ice Cream Sandcastle Summer Snack Idea
- Sand Bucket & Shovel Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Beach Summer Experiment with a Density Tower
- Free Beach Worksheets for Preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1
Don’t miss the other animal studies we’ve created!
- Discover All About Whales Worksheets pdf
- All About Pinnipeds – seals, sea lions, walrus life cycle, and more
- Learn About Herps – sea turtle worksheets, sea snakes, aquatic frogs, toads, salamander, and more!
- All About Fish, Sharks, and Rays
- Get to know Mollusks, Cephalopods, & Crustaceans for Kids (crabs, lobsters, octopus, bivalves, clams)
- All About Echinoderms and Cnidarians (Jellyfish, Sea Stars, Sand Dollars, Coral)
- Huge Ocean Animals for Kids Unit (250+ pages)
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages! And our hugely popular Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
Free printable ocean worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!