Make practicing numbers, letters, counting, and literacy FUN with these free printable ocean worksheets for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students! This huge, 50+ page ocean printable pack is a fun way to explore the amazing creatures that live in the ocean.
If you have a toddler, preschooler, kindergartners, grade 1, or grade 2 student who is fascinated by aquatic animals, these free worksheets are a great way to encourage and excite your child to learn! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the variety of skills reviewed with these printables.
These ocean printables are filled with super cute clipart of octopus, whales, dolphins, sharks, sand dollars, hermit crabs, fish, clams, lobsters, seahorses, coral, eel, jellyfish, manatee, squid, and more! With so many happy animals and fun, educational activities – kids will be excited to practice math and literacy skills.
Ocean Worksheets for Preschoolers
There are lots of different activities in this massive pack with pre k ocean worksheets to learn reading, writing and math skills as well as for reviewing these same skills. There are also some activities in which they can work on their fine motor skills as well. Just pick the activities that work best for your child.
- Tracing – Trace the Lines to work on pre writing skills and strengthening hand muscles (how cute are the yellow puffer fish!)
- Ocean Mazes – Follow the Paths are a fun way for kids to practice staying in the lines while improving coordination.
- Shadow Matching Cards –Match the picture with its shadow; great for early reasoning and working on observation skills
- Match the Pictures –Draw a line to match the pictures of the turtle with the other turtle, dolphin with the dolphin, jellyfish to the other jellyfish, lobster pairs, and seashell with the other yellow mollusk
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa (fun math activity for preschoolers)
- Cross the Odd one Out – Cross out the object that is different.
- Cut and Paste the Pattern – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
Kindergarten Ocean Worksheets
- Trace the Letters of the Alphabet –Trace the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- Trace the Words – Learn new ocean vocabulary for kids and improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Find the Letters – Shade in the squares or use a dot marker or bingo marker to dot out all of the correct letters in this ocean themed letter find
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Alphabet Puzzle Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones.
- Let’s Graph – Print out the pictures on white cardstock and then cut them out. Place them face down on a table and pick up one and graph.
- Match the Shapes –Draw a line to match the shapes.
- Trace the Numbers –Trace the numbers from one to fifty.
- More or Less – Read the instructions and write the correct numbers.
- Count the ocean animals and trace the number words.
- Write the Shapes – Trace shapes and learn shape names.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together (great for practicing skip counting)
- I Spy – Count the Objects
- Counting Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Match the Picture to the Word – Draw a line to match the picture to the word.
- Alphabetical Order – Cut and paste in alphabetical order.
Ocean Worksheets for Kids
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompomor candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Nouns or Verbs – Write the nouns and verbs in the correct columns.
- Make a Word – Make as many words as you can from the words at the top of the page.
- Tell the Time – Shade in the correct time as shown on the clock.
- Let’s Add – Complete the addition equations.
- I Can Subtract – Complete the subtraction equations.
While your younger learners are diving into the math and literacy in our Ocean Printable Pack, let your K-8th graders learn about fascinating aquatic animals with our ocean animals lesson plans (over 250 pages!)
Ocean Activities for Kids
Looking for more ocean activities for kids? You will love these clever, free resources and ideas:
- Ocean Color by Number Worksheets
- Build an Ocean Scene with this fun Fractions Activity
- Ocean Simple Coloring Pages
- Pearl Color Matching activity
- Try this Watercolor and Crayon Ocean Craft
- Ocean Printable Count & Trace for prek / k
- Cupcake Liner Octopus Craft
- Ocean Life Sensory Bin
- O is for Ocean Weekly Theme for Prek / K
- Ocean Themed Alphabet Cards
- Ocean Animals Printable Pack
- Tons of ideas for a weeks worth of fun learning with an Ocean Theme
- Octopus Color Matching Craft
- 50 Amazing Ocean Crafts for Kids
Download Ocean Printable Pack
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!