Help kids learn shapes with this super cute, hands-on shape recognition activity. This free shape printable is such a fun shape activities to work on shape matching with preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children this spring or in your Easter center.
Shape recognition activity
These Rabbit Shape Clip Cards are the perfect way to practice identifying 2D Shapes with your learners. Learners will learn and recognize their 2D shapes with these cute rabbit clip cards. This rabbit shape clip card is the perfect addition into your kindergarten math spring centers or for additional shape practice. Practice recognizing shapes with this fun, hands-on and engaging 2D Shapes printable for preschoolers and kindergartners.
Free shape printable.
Shape Clip Cards
Spring is a wonderful time of the year! With new beginnings, new baby animals there are plenty of learning opportunities for little learners. These Rabbit Shape Clip Cards are perfect to help your learners recognize their 2D Shapes with a little bit of spring fun!
Recognizing and identifying 2D Shapes is a basic mathematical concept that learners need to learn. The more practice learners have with their 2D Shapes, the better they become at identifying them. Learners will also begin to recognize properties relating to the shapes such as the number of corners and the number of sides. This is very important in their development of skills such as classifying and visual discrimination.
This is a simple, low-prep printable for your learners. Once the printable is prepped, you can place the cards in a center for your learners to practice.
- Free printable (at the end of this post)
- Clothes pin or circle counters
Shape recognition activities for preschoolers
Print the printable. Laminate the pages and cut apart to create the shape clip cards.
14 shape clip cards:
This printable is slightly more advanced than the other common shape clip cards since it has many more options. The learner will thus have to recognize the shape among several other shapes to pick the correct answer.
Present the clip cards to your learner along with the wooden clothespin or a manipulative or some sort. Snap cubes or small circle counters will work as well.
The learner will identify the shape in the center of the card, and then clip the corresponding part around the card. There are a total of 14 shapes covered in this printable, and hence the learner will have to identify between 14 shapes for each card. This makes this activity slightly harder, so I would recommend using this printable only once your learner is relatively familiar with their shapes and would need some additional practice.
If you are looking for more fun Spring activities check out this Spring Kindergarten bundle of Hands-on Activities; and if you love clip cards then you will love this Kindergarten Clip Cards Bundle. For a fun floor game check out this Bundle of Kindergarten Domino Games.
Looking for more fun shape printables and ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- FREE Shape Pattern Block Printables
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
Shape Activity for Preschoolers
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Shape Buddy Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Bunny Activities for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Rabbit Printables, Rabbit Lapbook, Rabbit Themed Handwriting Practice
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Ideaa
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Planting Carrot CVC Word Activity
- Life Cycle of a Rabbit worksheets
Shape matching printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!